Well Off To The UK - See You All Next Week!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Well I am off to dear old England until next Wednesday! I will post a card on the site to everyone so no one feels left out. Have a good time in my absence!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Happy travels. Be mindful of the floods. UK is having a rough time, some of the worst flooding

in history.

titus

Might Stick Around
Nov 18, 2013
Canada
Buy some Murrays Warrior Plug, Mick McQuaid Plug and a Falcon pipe. Oh and yes, St. Bruno of course!

riskybusiness

Lurker
Feb 13, 2014
London, UK
Have a great time on your trip! Be sure to ask shops for a VAT receipt when you buy things. You can claim back your sales-tax (we call it Value Added Tax here) but the shop needs to print out a special receipt for you.
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/sectors/consumers/overseas-visitors.htm

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Well I am back chaps. Five days of London on business and two days exploring a few of my favorite pipes oops I meant pubs! All of the really good pipe/tobacco shops have gone and frankly all the tobacco's I knew have vanished. I was able to buy up my usual brand in duty free and I picked up a couple of old tins from a pipe shop that was closing down in East London to be replaced by a coffee place. I just get the feeling that the previous government and the current one just want to wipe out Britain's past and with it any form of individualism and replace everything with a grey conformity. The intellectual chattering class are becoming ever more dangerous by inflicting their social experiments on the masses whilst living in their isolated green enclaves. Maybe it is time for a British revolution. I must check Amazon and see if they have a section that sells guillotines!

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
Too many liberals trying to make everything like Europe. I hope you have fun though, pack for rain ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.