Well, it "looks" like I'm a seasoned pipe smoker...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckp

Might Stick Around
Nov 30, 2015
But far from it......
I just uploaded my avatar with my MM and smoking Captain Black Dark......my Lane BCA is supposed to arrive today. And no, I did not get the cap to go with the pipe, I wear these all the time.
The one thing I've noticed in the few days I've been smoking........I spend more time on my front porch. I tried CB Gold, but really did not like it, it was like I had a cigarette in my mouth, nasty, really turned me off. But wanted to give CB Dark an honest try and all I can say is much, much, much better, I don't know how to get descriptive with it.

chuckp

Might Stick Around
Nov 30, 2015
That's right, to each his own.............I got the Lane BCA and it is very similar to CB Dark, and the pipe does not have such a horrible cigarette ash tray odor when the smoke is done like it did with the CB Gold. I picked up another MM and got the CB Cherry, not a lot of taste but I love the aroma. I won't smoke in the house so obtaining a room note is going to be kinda hard.

mvmadore

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2015
Northern NY
Smoke what you enjoy...we all have different tastes and respond differently...If you like it that is all that matters.

blackbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2015
Room Note is definitely different for the smoker anyways. However, if you would like to pick up a bit of it...what I do with some aromatics is place the pipe on my lips in the center, and essentially kiss it. Just little puffs of smoke coming up slowly towards my nose. While you are inhaling a little, it can give you an interesting perspective. With non-aromatics...this is especially useful with me as I like a little inhale every now and again. However...aromatic full inhale will about kill a person lol.
Despite a lot of hate on aromatics, which is well justified; I am a big aromatic fan when it's done properly as well as enjoying other various non-aromatics. If you stick with it for a while, there will come a time (seems for several about 3 months in) you have developed your palette and will have a "eureka" moment when you are able to distinguish and taste it. For me it was with Ole Shenandoah Barrel No. 76. It always helps to try and put the taste/smell into words as you're smoking it as well. Sometimes reviews/descriptions can be helpful in aiding your brain in describing the smoke...others impede it. In time, it only seems to improve.
Welcome to the forums!
Also, I like the hat. Even if you had bought it with the pipe, the grey in the beard will rule you out as a hipster.

Status
Not open for further replies.