PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
I while back I asked about Dunhill pipes vs cheaper pipes and although the general consensus was that a Dunhill is not needed I still decided to put one on layaway with Cup O Joes.

There was no way I could drop over $500 on a pipe right now and my wallet is already regretting it. I guess a months rent out the window is a fair sacrifice... JUST KIDDING OF COURSE!!!!

Anyway here it is!
amr3105b.jpg

Hope you like her too! They are all good looking pipes and I liked the color, not to mention I only own a few straight pipes (two of which are cobs) so I thought I would add one more to the collection.

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Thanks for making me feel a little less...dare I say it...regretful of my purchase! :D

I know that when the box arrives in the mail after the last payment, I will have no regrets whatsoever!

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
LOL, never heard of a "Lay-a-Way" pipe but it is a beauty for sure mate. Should last you for many years and be passed down to your Son. Congratulations and enjoy!

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Thanks! I know that I will enjoy it!
never heard of a "Lay-a-Way" pipe
Well when you are broke, ones only option is to send an email and hope that they say "sure we can do that for you!"

I got lucky and they said they would hold it! They want 20% down which a little over $100 but it is all good. :D

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
Hmmm, Lay a Way for a pipe, that's not a bad idea. I wish more of the B&M's would offer that for us folks that have a hard time coughing up a huge chunk of money for a pipe. Kudos to Cupojoes!

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I never had a Dunhill, but I bet you're gonna love that pipe! :clap:
ps. Forget buyer's remorse. I'd be smoking a Dunhill today if I had all the money I wasted

on cheap pipes that have become neglected for not measuring up in some way.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
I bought my first real nice meerschaum on a lay-a-way plan at a shop in Jacksonville, N.C. in the early 80's. At

the time my wife and I were raising four kids and about $20 a month was all I could swing, he held it for me and

I paid it off in 4 months.

Nice Dunhill waznyf, hope you enjoy it!

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Wow that's a sweet pipe! You'll have to put that one on your avatar pic when you finally receive.

mountainman

Can't Leave
May 4, 2012
That looks exactly like the Dunhill i would buy if i could cough up $500 for it right now! Good job on asking for the lay-a-way. It never hurts to ask!! Its a real beauty!

deadwoodpete

Lurker
May 31, 2012
Saaaaa-WEET!
Hey, you have to splurge on yourself every once in a while, waznyf. And I think you made a good choice.
Money comes, and money goes, but a good pipe sticks around for years. 8)
Enjoy.

grizzly86

Apr 5, 2012
Personally I think I would have gone for 5 Peterson, Sav, etc. BUT you only live once right; congrats on the pipe. When you get it in you'll have to put up some more pictures of it. It looks like a beauty.

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Thanks everyone! Glad I chose a good pipe!
Personally I think I would have gone for 5 Peterson, Sav, etc
Next time for sure! I've got a couple Savs already but no Petersons. I'll definelty have to get one. I really like the St. Patty's day pipe.
cheap pipes that have become neglected for not measuring up in some way.

Get yourself a Dunhill haha! There seems to be a lot of different opinions as to whether or not cheaper pipes compare to pipes like Dunhill. I think it really depends on your taste, how picky you are about certain qualities, and what brand you choose. I want to stock up on nice pipes before I go off to a four year college after community college because I'll be dirt broke and will have to go with much cheaper pipes.
I will definelty put it in my avatar picture! :D

bigmike

Apr 24, 2012
Really Nice !!!!!!!
Let us know how it smokes. Hopefully some day in the near future, I can take the plunge too...............

Status
Not open for further replies.