PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulletsnbriars

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2013
Nashville/Williston
Im trying to kick the coffin nails, and honestly, doing pretty good. Ive cut way back and more often then not can buy my things at the gas station without a glance at the cigarette rack. Had a little rough patch recently however as I found myself low on my high N blends, too busy woth work to keep up with TAD orders. I managed to resist for the most part, and by compensation I ordered a big order of notoriously potent baccys, and restocked my depleted 5 Brothers supply. Inwas most excited for Dark Birdseye.
Well, I get on site with my baggy of DBE, slow day. Load up my cob with this exquisite looking new baccy and get ready to be taken away in a cloud of relaxation and Lady N. Get through half a bowl and... Nothing. Great flavor, good smoke, but the draw was funny, and no nic hit. What the heck? I know my tolerance is high but this stuff is supposed to deliver, darnit! Relights were frequent, and by the end of the bowl I was frustrated with my poor packing ability and thought the rumors of DBE's strength were greatly exagerated. Couple hours later, ready for another bowl, so I reach for what I know will deliver: my faithful 5 brothers. I know how to pack this stuff, Ive smoked quite a few pouches.
Same thing! Strange draw, frequent relights, no buzz! I curse my abrupt inability to pack a pipe, get off work and enjoy my Peterson instead. The next day, get back to work, grab same pipe and my pouch of 5 Bros and get ready to pack very carefully this time after a quick cleaning.
Pull the stem off and discover a wet, clogged filter. I have no idea how it got there.

00000032.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.