PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
This art-deco inspired Weber belongs to friend from another pipe forum. I've not yet held one of these, so this was a treat. I did a write-up on the Reborn Pipes blog:

http://rebornpipes.com/2015/04/02/weber-streamliner-restoration/
weber_streamliner_after.jpg

weber_streamliner_after-4.jpg

weber_streamliner_after-3.jpg

weber_streamliner_after-7.jpg

weber_streamliner_after-5.jpg

weber_streamliner_after-1.jpg

weber_streamliner_after-9.jpg

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I love this pipe. It's a unique peice that is tied into the streamline era. It has a great logo and the stamps are crisp. Very nice work! You did this pipe justice.
[url='http://i.imgur.com/z0LQdIm' t=_self]
z0LQdIm.jpg'
[/url]

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Here is another catalog page, this one from 1941. It describes the "bone" filter which explains the mystery material I tried to "clean".
1941-streamliner-ad.jpg

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Very classy! I like the Streamliner so much more than the apple. It really speaks of that rocket shape that was so stylish in the late 1940's - early 1950's. Reminds me of the shape of those mahogany speedboats with teakwood decks so popular in that era, like the ones that were made by the Yellowjacket Boat Co. Very nice pipe! The owner should be very happy & proud.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Very classy! I like the Streamliner so much more than the apple. It really speaks of that rocket shape that was so stylish in the late 1940's - early 1950's. I'm thinking Studebaker. The boats you refer to are Criss Craft mahogany inboards, I believe.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Very cool and well done, Al. Streamliner was a dub-brand of Weber, hence the lack of the oval Weber logo. The Des. in the patent nomenclature means it was a design patent.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
I love art-deco design in furniture, glass, jewelry, but your pipe is the top, a solid 10. Great score. Even the logo rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.