PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 6, 2013
Made by Scandinavian Tobacco Group. I have not been successful in finding information on this blend when trying to do some research. I have only found some pictures of old tins on google. I think, though I'm not sure, that it is one of STG's own original blends. If someone knows more or otherwise, it would be nice to know.
I really like this blend, and my grandfather used to smoke it exclusively. It is considered a drugstore blend here in Denmark, but a good one.
A blend of toasted burley, virginias and black cavendish. And some topping/casing which makes up a big part of its character. So it is an aromatic, or semi-aromatic. I usually don't smoke aromatics, but I really like this one. To me it smells like what a tobacco should smell like, and the smoke smells and tastes that way too. The way I can describe the aromatic part of it, is like it says in the description on the back of the tin ".. the tobacco has a superb fresh aromatic smell and taste." Not like something specific like a strong cherry, but just "aromatic", if that makes sense. Thats the aromatic part. The burley and virginia gives it a balanced tobacco taste and aroma, and the cavendish gives it a nice softness.
The whole comes together as a classic, lightly aromatic blend. And my description doesn't do it justice. All I can say is that it is worth trying, if a danish classic sounds even remotely appealing.
(I might update this later, if I remember something else)

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/1926/orlik-tobacco-company-a-s-wattsons-original-american-blend
Could this be the blend?

Status
Not open for further replies.