PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thehappypiper

Can't Leave
Feb 27, 2014
Hi all

Like many guys, I like my toys and can get a bit obsessive over them. So I have a few collections, one of which is a small watch collection. Tonight I bought a G-Shock GWA1000-A as in the link. I am very happy with it and the fit and finish is better than the one pictured. I own about 6 Gs and this is the most expensive. I think Casio offer great value.
http://watch-tanaka3.sub.jp/casio/GW-A1000A-1AJF/

harlockfan

Might Stick Around
May 8, 2014
I am a huge watch fan!! Maybe I will put up what I have right now, but for now here is a picture that I took a few years ago. Cheers!
IMAG0178.jpg

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I don't collect watches per say, but I do have the few I have worn over the years. I like link bracelets as I can wear leather bands out.

I currently have this Citizen Eco-Drive Chronograph. It has solar cells that charge from sunlight/etc.

It is really awesome to see men still collecting or even wearing watches. My dad and I used to make wrist watch cases back in the 80's, gold was cheap and men still wanted to look stylish. I wish that would catch on here again. I'd love to design some new cases. Although, maybe not made out of gold at today's gold prices, ha ha.

latbomber

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2013
Kopriso Cold War Nixie watch: You get more attention and questions wearing this thing than any rolex you could imagine. "Is your watch broken? What is that?" *turn on tubes* "WOW! Thats awesome!" Unfortunately it attracts dudes at a 10/1 ratio lol.
nixie1.jpeg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Wish I had a wardrobe and lifestyle that permitted use of pocket watches, but I don't. I don't have many watches,

about four or five, depending on whether we're talking functioning or not. My favorite traits are analog only;

a full set of standard numbers (so I can quickly grasp the time at 3 a.m. upside down mostly asleep); usually

leather bands since I have thin wrists; and I rarely use or re-set the calendar.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I have my Grandfathers Hamilton Railroad Pocket Watch. Gold Case , 2 Doves on one side and 1 Dove on the other. In the early 1900s he traded a horse for it. He never went anywhere without his watch. Still works, kept by my bed in a Bachlors chest.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
Watch guy here also. In fact right now I'm wearing an ETA (pre-co-axial) Seamaster Bond like the one in the LL of that photo. Couple Rolexes including a Sub. Panerai, several other Omegas including a Speedy Moon and a couple vintage ones. I used to own a bunch of self-winders (including one of those Doxa Clive Cussler's like the one in the photo with orange dial) but sold most of them because the cost of servicing them became exhorbitant. I have a bunch of quartz watches, Tag, Invicta, few others. I change my own batteries to keep the cost down. Have a couple Casios too, Pathfinder and a solar G-shock that I love. Cheap, indestructible and awesome.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I worked in a jewelery store for about 10 years and loved our vintage pocket watches best of all. BUt I don't use a watch and the few that I do have pretty much sit in the drawer. I'm accurate to about five minutes without one.
Love the G string!

Dec 24, 2012
I wouldn't call myself a watch collector but I have about 6 or 7. My best watch is an IWC Portuguese Yacht Club Chronograph that my dear wife got me for our tenth wedding anniversary.

The watch that I wear daily is my U-BOAT FLIGHTDECK 55MM:

novicemaker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 12, 2014
http://www.invictawatch.com/collections/view-model/1253-lupah
This is the basic idea of my watch. except my color scheme is different and they dont have it anymore. I have a gunmetal case with cobalt blue skeletal inside. Its a very large watch that gets me a lot of compliments from any gender. Came with a big case and three bands, one matching metal link and two colored leather bands one dark blue and one white. I use the blue one for work and store the other two bands. The metal one is to floppy to wear need to find a good place to take a few links out so it fits better.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I know it's neurotic, but I have to have those Arabic numbers. I've had Roman numerals, but as I say, when I want to know, at

3:30 a.m. when I am between awake and dream, exactly what time it is, I don't want to have to think about it. I do have an

entirely black watch with red bars instead of numbers, and mostly I read it out without thinking, but I like to be sure. I'm not

a time freak, but when I want to know, I want to know.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012

Wow! nice watches. This watch I have managed to not loose or wear out for years. Its only drawback is battery power.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Boy...
Just looking at the beginning of this thread I was going to post that I am a son of a master watchmaker, and then reading AE1PT's post that he adjusted a roller jewel, well,.. I just don't have that much to say.
I sell Citizen and Bulova watches, Bulova since my father's day in 1939, making us by far the oldest jeweler in the Bronx NY., for whatever that means.
I wear a Rolex submariner in steel with black face. This is absolutely not the best timekeeper, but I swim with it and wear it every day of the year.
For practical purposes, and the most common sense, the Citizen eco-drive is probably the best deal out there.
G shocks are great-I sell them, for a low price and totally water resistant, shock resistant watch, there are none better out there.
When you get to IWC Schaffhausen, well, your in another ball game.
Those omega's look pretty good too.
If anyone needs service on any of these, give me a PM.
(this is not an advertisement,just some info)

Status
Not open for further replies.