PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kansasjase

Lurker
Aug 1, 2016
Eastern Kansas
I guess it just sits with me the right way, but I really like CB White. Orbs I've of the most satisfying smokes I've found so far. I also enjoy Molto Dulce, but I keep going back to CBW. Just wondering, if you have a recommendations along the lines of "if you like CBW, you'll probably love ____"
Btw, I enjoy Molto Dulce as elk, but keep cunning back to CBW.

ltstone

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
RLP-6 ! Its supposed to be CB White but higher quality and I would definitely agree. Also as Hawky said Lane 1Q.

kansasjase

Lurker
Aug 1, 2016
Eastern Kansas
I have 1Q in my rotation but so far it doesn't speak to me. Gonna keep working on it though.... Everyone seems to recommend it.
I forgot about RLP, seems like I've heard that recommendation before.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Here's a few ideas: Sutliff Vanilla Custard, Milan Virginia Pride, McClelland Chocolate Silk, MacBaren Vanilla Cream, and Sutliff 1-M.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
C&D's Autumn Evening is an aro I keep going back to. I would suggest Mixture 79 if you like licorice.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Mix some McClellends fragrant matured cake into CB white, it's a great smoke

emsjunky

Lurker
Jul 31, 2016
For a while i used to mix CB white and black together at a 1:1 ratio I liked the taste of it and it was fairly cheap when I couldn't buy my regular purchase of a half pound of 1Q. If I remember correctly, CB is made by Lane, so you could always start giving some of Lane's blends a try.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Iwan Ries Banner Lite... One of the finest aromatic blends that I've ever smoked. It has a little less casing than CBW and the quality shines through.

ahmadothman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
If you want an upgrade from CBW, which is one of my favourite OTC blends as well, You can go with MacBaren Vanilla Cream or the slightly different Borkum Riff Classic.. And if you really enjoy heavy aromatics you can go with Amphora Red, it's one of my favourites as well.. And there is a new blend I tried recently and loved it... Bentley The planters sweet.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
Wanna step up from Captain Black White
Congrats! That leaves you wide open to try hundreds of good blends. There are a handful possible lateral moves, including all other OTC's, but with the exception of Mixture 79 and all Lakelands, it's virtually impossible to step down from CB.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
+1 on RLP-6.
For me 1-Q is just not a flavorful smoke. I know some just love it; however, it just does nothing for me (I use to love it.)
I also like a mixture of 1:1 Lane BCA and Lane MV1000.
Trout Steam is a blend that I just purchased. The one concern I have is that when I smoked the fist bowl I found it to be too sweet. Since I purchased a twelve ounce tin I am hoping it grows on me, or that I can cut the sweetness down with some Carter Hall.

aeropuffer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2016
I enjoy smoking "Sunflower", don't know who makes it. One mentioned "Trout Stream", it has a butterscotch topping. Flavorful.

timpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 31, 2013
Australia
I find 1Q a bit bland and much prefer RLP-6

LL-7 and 1M are also good.
I like Macbaren original choice and Macbaren seven seas black with a 9mm filter.

Both of these have Cavendish made with Virginia. Makes it a much fuller thicker smoke for me.
I also recently tried the Amphora black and liked it.
-Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.