PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sjmiller CPG

(sjmiller)
May 8, 2015
Morgan County, Tennessee
Last month I was able to pick up five Walt Disney World pipes, a pouch of Disney World tobacco and some match books. Here are the first couple of pictures of some of them. Forgive the poor quality of the photos. Due to hand tremors that run in the family there are days when I shake like a dog passing a peach seed when doing things with my hands.
These are in as received shape. They will all be taking trips to Briarville in the future and I will post the after shots later.
dscf0136-600x450.jpg

dscf0142-600x450.jpg

thefalcon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2012
Very nice, I have one in my collection. I have always been intrigued by them. It is a shame the shops are a thing of the past!
Cheers,--Eric

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Very handsome. I'll look forward to the "after" photos. Were these made by Kaywoodie? I used to have a L.L. Bean pipe I believe was made by Dr. Grabow, a nice pot, but the stinger seemed to inhibit the flavor on that one, so I traded it off, didn't want to saw it apart and it didn't slide out.

Sjmiller CPG

(sjmiller)
May 8, 2015
Morgan County, Tennessee
I don't think they were made by Kaywoodie because the stingers look different than any Kaywoodies I have seen pictures of before. I will try to take a picture of one of them and post it. Maybe one of the experts on here could tell us for sure.

thefalcon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2012
I used to have a L.L. Bean pipe I believe was made by Dr. Grabow, a nice pot, but the stinger seemed to inhibit the flavor on that one, so I traded it off, didn't want to saw it apart and it didn't slide out.
mso489, If your LL Bean Pot had a non removable stinger it would have been made prior to them being made by Dr. Grabow. Your Pipe was probably made by Briarcraft. I use to collect LL Bean Pipes and have probably 25 of them at present. The company closed in 1950. Dr. Grabow produced them for LL Bean until the mid 80's, when at this time LL Bean quit offering tobacco products in their catalog. After this Dr.Grabow stamped the remaining stock with SmokeMaster, which was also used by Briarcraft for their seconds. It had the oblong orange Diamond, the same as the LL Bean pipe and incorporated the folded Pipe cleaner resting under the aluminum tube with a slit at the bottom for the moisture to drain onto. This could be removed and the pipe would smoke fine without it. Hope this helps.
Cheers,--Eric

thefalcon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2012
My guess on The Walt Disney Pipes is they may have been made in the Cadogan factory,where Comoy's and GBD's were made. Sometime in the 1970s Cadogan company (Oppenheimer group) took over GBD. The reason I say this is the Disney pipes resemble both of these lines of Pipes. For a definite answer, try and contact Brian Levine, he has the largest Walt Disney collection known to exist.
Cheers,--Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.