PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Walt recently finished this amazing piece and I felt compelled to share it with the community. He calls it the Penny Farthing. It's a reverse calabash that has looking glass on either side of the combustion chamber. I'm hoping whoever buys it posts pictures of this beauty in action. Aside from that awesome feature it has some amazing grain on it and really nice stemwork.
I have a feeling this one will much like Nate King's Mic Pipe be a one of a kind lol. It probably took much more work than he expected. Us pipe guys very much appreciate the work he put into it.
Here are pictures, enjoy!
walt-cannoy-penny-farthing-pipe-in-box.jpg

walt-cannoy-penny-farthing-pipe.jpg

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
I've been following this on IG and the whole thing has been amazing to watch as it came together. I too hope to see pics of it in action.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Hahaha it does kind of look like a one man band.
My first thought when I saw it was that it seemed to be a table pipe kind of like the oldschool table lighters.
It's definitely a conversational piece and one that will probably end up being more of a collectible than a smoker.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Walt has it posted on his Facebook account (Walt Cannoy Pipes) and on his Instagram just search for Walt Cannoy user. He's photographing it for his website and posting it tomorrow I believe.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Walt has it posted on his Facebook account (Walt Cannoy Pipes) and on his Instagram just search for Walt Cannoy user. He's photographing it for his website and posting it tomorrow I believe.
Thanks, your lordship. I had only checked the regular website.

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
It seems it's already been sold. Without being completely rude, can I get even a rough estimate of the cost of such a contraption? The one I like even more is the one he made that looks like it has an accordian or bellows section in it, but it's all carved wood. I'd be curious to know that price too.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Pitchfork, you're welcome.
I think the Penny Farthing is still available because Walt said he was taking today off and then photographing it to post on the website tomorrow (www.waltcannoy.com).
As far as a price I'd be speculating, but I've seen his regular pipes around $300-$400 and I'd guess with all the extras on the Penny Farthing and Gramophone they'd probably be double or triple that.

Status
Not open for further replies.