PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

englishdave

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 31, 2012
Denver, CO
All:
I just had an email from David Wolf at Walker Briarworks regarding a chance in services. Text is below:
As of January 15, we will no longer do pipe repairs with the exception of pipe cleaning, buffing and polishing, Full Pipe Restorations and Ozone Treating. I am nearly 71 and Sue is 62. We have been working way to hard the last few years and feel that it's time to slow down some and get a little more enjoyment from life.
We will continue to:
Clean, Buff and Polish pipes, and do Full Pipe Restorations, for which we have earned an excellent reputation over the years, and Ozone Treating. Full Restorations consist of such things as stripping and restaining. Most pipes really don't need that much. A thorough inside and outside cleaning, buffing, polishing, waxing and tooth mark reduction or removal will put most pipes in near new condition at a very reasonable cost.
Sell Missouri Meerschaum Corn Cob Pipes, make and sell our 'Forever' replacement stems for them, and our Vulcanite Stem Restoration Kits.
Sell Consignment Pipes on our website for those of you who want to "thin the herd", get some bucks to "trade up" or just get some bucks from pipes that have been gathering dust in your pipe racks. This will also help some of your forgotten old "pals" move on to a new life.
Making these changes will help us live a more normal life while staying in touch with the pipe smoking community and all of you, and will keep me active in a healthy, fun way.
I thank all of you for sending your repairs over the years. I hope you will stay with us for Cob stuff, Restoration Kits and Estate Pipes for the future. We're looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible at the Chicagoland Pipe Show in May. More about that in a future Newsletter.
Regards,
Dave & Sue Wolff

Walker Briar Works

tanless1

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 14, 2010
I just mailed him a stem last Monday ( stuck pipe cleaner).hope I got in under the wire.

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
He does such a great job repairing stems. Where do we go now for stem repairs?

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
In the email, Dave recommends:
Where to get 'em fixed now:
For your future pipe repairs, I highly recommend Howard Rasmussen at Starfire Pipe Works in Glendale, Arizona. Howard was trained by and has work with Paul Hildebrand, a truly Master Pipe Maker and Repairman for several years, and knows his stuff. He does excellent work, charges fair rates, has fast turn around and is easy to work with.
Other very qualified pipe repairmen that I recommend, both of whom I trust and who do excellent work are: Tim West at J.H. Lowe.com and Floyd Norwood at Norwood's Pipe Repair. Any one of these three well respected shops will take as good care of you and your pipe problems as we have through the years.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I'm not sure which post went up first, so no offense, closing this one and providing the link to the other one.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/say-it-aint-so-dave-walker-to-shut-down-pipe-repairs

Status
Not open for further replies.