PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
GBD shape 1353.
Gifted to me by a friend who gave up the pipe a few years back. Has a bit of sentimental value to me as a result.
Dave says he can restem it, float the label onto the stem, and generally clean it up.
The friend says he has a bridge on his right side that he thinks is due to this pipe, as you can probably look and tell.
Will post pics on the other end when it comes back to me.....
imag1431.jpg

imag1432.jpg

imag1433.jpg

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
By the way to Uncle Arthur and all his fans, that is a UA "boot knife" showing in the top pic.
Probably loaded with a half and half mix of Lame Eye Kew and BCA, of which that pipe must have been designed in mind for.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Looks like somebody had a good friend in that pipe, cant wait till some of my pipes look that way

Jul 15, 2011
I have a GBD that looks real similar to that one, about the same era, and I love it. I just realized it doesnt get smoked as often as it should. I look forward to seeing what it looks like once its made all purty again.

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
hell, I don't know what he smoked in it. Seems he told me he was into some cherry stuff, and I can't recall.
Not exactly sure what this pipe will be for, once I get it back.

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
Looks well smoked, your friend must have loved that pipe
there is a saying I use when it comes to bikes. That being "you can't ride 'em clean".
The don't get clean when you ride the, and they don't stay clean when you ride them.
A well ridden bike is going to look that away, even if it does get soap and water on occasion.
Same with a pipe. That charred rim, cake, and chewed up stem tell me that it smokes damn well.

Status
Not open for further replies.