Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Here we go, fired up and smoking!

4-up-on-4-6-15-at-945-pm-compiled.jpg

_57-2-600x450.jpg

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
A beautiful smoke. Needs to be broken in, but I see nothing preventing that. The chamber easily swallows my index finger to the second joint, and it fired up and lit like a champ. Interesting hold: it weighs a lot (a half pound! --someone pointed out) so I have to actually figure out the best way to hold it. No way this will ever get too hot to smoke. No regrets on the cost of this sweetheart--I'm gonna keep this one forever.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
An interesting volcano and an exceptional chunk of briar to make that shape work I'm sure. Looking good with the Fedora!

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Nice! Greta looking pipe and the fedora is very cool as well. Enjoy. :puffy:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Looks good on you brother, glad you could get it. Snazzy hat there too. Fedoras say cool without screaming it. Very classy.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Thank you, gentleman. It does indeed stay cool--I burned the first smoke down to dottle without realizing it. All that was left was white ash. I wonder how long this pipe will take to break in? It certainly has plenty of room for cake!

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
Moretti pipes are a true beauty to behold. I hope it serves you well throughout the years.
j/B

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Fellows, you'll be surprised to hear this after all the discussion about this pipe, but after a few smokes, I've discovered the volcano shape is not the right kind of pipe for me. This is an extraordinarily well proportioned pipe, virtually a work of art, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to part with it. I'll be putting up for sale at less than the price I paid for it in the Buy/Sell section of the forum. If you like volcanos, you're going to love this pipe. But it's just not the shape for me--I guess I'm stuck on more conventional shapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.