Tags:   

Vintage porsche pipe

(12 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by blackhat84
  • Latest reply from johnnyreb
  1. blackhat84

blackhat84

Login to Send PM

Anybody know where can I get me one of these?? I'm not talking about the new ones, I means the vintage ones, and also your thoughts on this kind of pipe.

Posted 4 years ago #
  2. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Anyone recognize the part? A piece of the turbo? Do Porche pipes, the regular briar kind, have anything
    to do with the car manufacturer?

Posted 4 years ago #
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Wow...I like it. I probably wouldn't smoke it but I like it!

Posted 4 years ago #
  4. johnnyreb

johnnyreb

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

That's the engine from an RC car missing the piston & head, the exhaust manifold, and carburetor..

Rebels been rebels since I don't know when
    Posted 4 years ago #
  5. huntertrw

huntertrw

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

johnnyreb:

I believe that you are correct, Sir!

Love Me, Love My Pipe
    Posted 4 years ago #
  6. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good eye, johnnyreb. The scale threw me off. I kept trying to put it on a Porche and couldn't visualize the
    scale. Now I see the picture, a little.

Posted 4 years ago #
  7. johnnyreb

johnnyreb

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I think I would still have two or three of those engines complete along with radios & servos, wheels & tires and maybe a chassis from when my son was growing up and we built & raced them together. All that stuff would be out in my shop in a tool box we used to use with that stuff. I know right where the starter box is but I might have to look a little bit for the tool box. But that's what that is. It was probably put together as a joke for the picture and not to be used as a real pipe.

Posted 4 years ago #
  8. ssjones

ssjones

Mod

Login to Send PM

Ah, nice eye johnnyreb, I thought that looked like a motor of sorts.

Al

Posted 4 years ago #
  9. darwin

darwin

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Johnyreb how can you tell that's an RC car engine and not an RC aircraft engine? I've owned dozens of those and I can't tell. It's not very big, a 15 at the largest I'd say. That's a common car size but not a slam dunk for it being a car engine. It doesn't have a head on it which would be a dead giveaway.

Viewing with alarm since 1948.
    Posted 4 years ago #
  10. johnnyreb

johnnyreb

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Darwin, I guess I'm missing the importance of your question. As everyone knows Porsche is a German automobile company known for their highly engineered, high-performance, high quality cars. They have turned the Porsche name into a brand to be licensed and used on other high quality products. On the other hand Porsche Design Smoking Accessories is a Dutch company who happens to make uniquely designed & engineered smoking pipes. Maybe blackhat84 can tell us where he found this picture but it is obviously meant to poke fun at the design & engineering aspects of both those companies. Had someone licensed the names of Chief Aircraft or Rolls Royce to make smoking pipes I would have instantly thought of RC aircraft & aircraft engines when looking at the picture.

Never the less, in the spirit of making everyone happy let me edit my OP. Since I can no longer do it above I will do it by copy & paste here:

"That's the engine from an RC AIRCRAFT or car missing the piston & head, the exhaust manifold, and carburetor."

Posted 4 years ago #
  11. ssjones

ssjones

Mod

Login to Send PM

I'm curious as to the origin of the E stamped p-lip stem.
    I assumed someone cobbled up as a goof on a steam-punk pipe, but these days, sometimes the makers are serious. I believe fans of this genre might carry something like this around as an affection or prop of sorts (which makes little sense to me).

Posted 4 years ago #
  12. johnnyreb

johnnyreb

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

If this was meant to be a serious pipe it would have problems with the draw; it would be as big as a series #5 or #6 freehand; it would be heavier than Briar; and it would be hot to hold.

Posted 4 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   cortezattic, irishearl, greeneyes, jpberg, ben88, acidpox, haparnold