PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
While cruising an antique mart yesterday, my wife found a booth with some estate pipes in a basket. Among those was a small Dunhill Shell Briar Shape 120. Patent 119708/175861 with a 1926 date suffix. WoW! It was in nice condition with very light tooth marks. It did have a fair bit of cake, which I reamed back nearly to the briar. The inside looks so much better now.

The time frame of this pipe was verified on Pipedia with this pipe not including "London Made" which was correct from approx.1918-1931. This is a group 1 or 2 pipe. But, its a beauty. I paid $10.00 for it!

I will post some pictures once I get some decent shots.
Jason

May 31, 2012
God bless the junk shops!

:clap:

A dream come true, congrats.

Can't wait to see the pix, back then Dunhill was doing some really good blasts!

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Thanks guys...never thought I'd get my hands on a Dunhill especially at that price. Cajun, you're the first person I thought about when I found it. I said Old Cajun would be right proud!

yadan

Can't Leave
Dec 23, 2012
Central Galilee, Israel
One day I really have to get off my butt and travel to the 'big city' where there are a couple of flea markets. The only problem is that Israel is not exactly teeming with pipe smokers, so I'd be lucky to find any pipes at all.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Love to see the before and after pics mate. Don't hold back on us, now I will be thinking of that find untill I see the pics. When I found mine, almost akin to a chill run tru me, that's how syked I was. Can hardly wait until the Antique shops, yard sales and flea markets start up again.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Nsfisher, I can't say I took any "before" pics (I jumped right into the refurb), but honestly it just had cake and a nasty stem..nothing too terrible. Someone obviously loved this pipe and knew what it was. At 80+ years, it led a good life although the lady had no idea what it was and I did not let on either. I had to withhold my excitement.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Big congrats Voorhees - that is great luck. I also want to see pics (I always forget to take "before" pictures too). When it comes to Dunhill, now that I have one, I finally get what all the hype is about. Hope it's smokes well for you.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
You are my hero, man! I have been hunting for a cheap Dunhill for 10 years. The only things I find in the second hand stores are Dr. Grabows and Brylon. I did find a Custombilt once, and I bought a Barling Guinea Grain in an antique store for $80.00. Enjoy it, my friend! You should go get a lottery ticket too, with luck like that!

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
I picked up an early Dunhill at a Yard Sale years ago for $1 along with an amber stemmed Peterson in a leather case and a Shamrock engraved on the bowl Peterson with a hallmarked silver band also $1 each. The Dunhill actually has an Ivory spot. Pipe to the far right and it's a group 1 size.
8394616125_8077fc4c0d_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.