PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mn90

Lurker
Apr 28, 2017
Can anyone tell me about this antique brass pipe?
It came in a box of old WW1 and WW2 stuff I bought at a yard sale today. It doesn't have any markings that I can see, its either brass or copper (I think). Other than that I know almost nothing about it. Any input is greatly appreciated!
egpopi.jpg

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Is it actually hollow? What length is it?
It almost looks like an old-school kubotan-type device, or one of those things old-timey coppers would use with handcuffs to get you to move your ass when you didn't want to move your ass.

Jun 27, 2016
Maybe it's a tamper or a rotary-phone dialer, although dialers are usually more fancy. How big is it?

Jan 8, 2013
It's a Dingelhopper! Or maybe a Thingamajig. Could also be a Jinglesnarf, but jinglesnarf is a word I totally made up. :mrgreen:

Jun 27, 2016
ophiuchus
:laughat: -I get it! Very funny!
So I'm guessing that the original poster was trolling about something that happened on the boards recently since he has not been back and you get his post and find it funny. Damn! I was wondering what that thing actually was! :puffpipe:

phantomwolf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
You do know we are a smoking pipe site, not a plumbing pipe site, right?
Haha
Seriously though, and this may not be as much of a stretch as it sounds: Aldecaker mentioned Kubotan and that could be right. Especially in WWI it was very common for soldiers in the trenches to fashion all manner of practical implements from maces and clubs to knives and pipes- Many serving more than one function. I'm no expert though.

Status
Not open for further replies.