Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Did you know that Vincent van Gogh smoked a pipe? Not only that, but he painted several self portraits where he is smoking the pipe in the painting. The Amsterdam Pipe Museum has a new exhibit with Van Gogh's pipes and paintings.
Check it out -

Vincent van Gogh Pipe Smoking Exhibit in Amsterdam
vincent-pipesmoking-725.jpg

echie

Can't Leave
Jul 7, 2014
Amsterdam
newbroom: what's the question, exactly? :)
I read about the exhibition, but I'm out of town. I plan on visiting when I get back :)

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
If I could smoke a pipe with anyone it'd be between Van Gogh and Einstein. His paintings are absolutely mind blowing.

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
As far as I'm aware he sold one, although given his mental state during his life which was exacerbated by syphilis,his company may be somewhat challenging. However his self portraits in the real are are quite stunning.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
How did I miss the pipe museum in Amsterdam? I guess I didn't stay quite long enough. What a great institution. I knew there must be one somewhere important. I love the city. Just watch out for the bicyclists, who have the right-of-way everywhere and assert it, and also the streetcars that weave around the pedestrians and bike paths. I do have two pipes purchased for me in Rotterdam, a 14" clay and a nifty Italian bent billiard Giani. I finally bought a Big Ben (Holland made) straight churchwarden to go in my churchwarden case with my fully curved Sav churchwarden. I'm so glad there is a pipe museum; now we need one in the U.S. ... and one in Canada, London, Paris ....

damianmonk

Might Stick Around
Aug 26, 2015
There's also a shop downstairs with a large collection of pipes (and some tobacco). I've been there several times and would suggest it to anybody, smoker or not!
AND! Keep also in mind that the 7th of November is Museumnacht ('Museum Night') in Amsterdam, and the pipe museum is participating.
* wink wink *

Status
Not open for further replies.