PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

7mmstw

Lurker
Dec 21, 2011
Anyone know much or have one of these pipes I should have one in the mail today from cup ojoes.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I don't know if they're seconds or just Bjarne's lower end of pipes. I've seen them in my local B&M and they seem fairly well made; maybe a bit thick and clunky at the bit but no more than a lower end Peterson.
Let us know how you enjoy it.

misternoah

Lurker
Nov 29, 2011
I have one, it's a daily smoker and I really like it. Well-made, draws well, nice thick bowl. All around a nice quality pipe.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
I've been looking at this one:

hl08.jpg

I'm trying to find a smaller pipe, with a light bent, around $50, to keep in my travel bag. I worry too much to bring the more expensive ones on my trips. Carry-on in overheads, security scanners, etc.. afraid the pipe may break. A squashed tomato, small bent brandy or even a small prince would really fit the bill.
Any ideas ?

standardgewehr

Might Stick Around
Feb 2, 2011
I have an army mount Bjarne Viking pot. It is a superb smoker and nicely made. Not an expensive pipe but one of my favorites, it delivers performance far exceeding its cost. A true value!

7mmstw

Lurker
Dec 21, 2011
Thanks for the info. I guess the mail man didnt want me to have it its not in the box. My christmas cheer came in from Boswells though. USPS says package was expected to deliver today??

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
My smoking buddy had only a viking for a while. He liked it well enough bet he now has a Brebia and a Peterson that he says both smoke better, but they were both more expensive. I've smoked it a couple of times and liked it just fine.

sdcowboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 24, 2011
Rapid City, SD
mobile-upload-12112011-0571-112x150.jpg

I'm actually smoking one in this picture. I took this self portrait a couple of weeks ago while cutting down a Christmas Tree on horseback. I have three Vikings, and all of them smoke effortlessly. I was smoking Bob's Chocolate Flake in this one...perfect for a day of riding in the high country.

puffin

Might Stick Around
Dec 18, 2010
I also own two, and they are my two go-to pipes. It does seem to be the bargain line from Bjarne, but they smoke excellently. Aside from some tiny fills, aesthetically they are gorgeous. I suspect you will not be disappointed with your purchase.

nbpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
I have a viking also. Smokes well, though I can't really compare as its the only "expensive" pipe I own. And by that I mean I spent more than $25 on it. Only reason it's not my favourite is that I have another cheaper pipe that is a lighter and easier to clench with. But other than that, great pipe for the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.