PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

arthur123

Lurker
Sep 27, 2011
Hello All,
I just became a member to this site and would like to get some advise as to what pipe tobaccco brands stand out that you can smoke several times over the day which are very mild with no bite. Any recommendations would be great.
Thanks Arthur

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
Lane BCA smells good too just aint strong enuff for my nic fix

but i will tell you there are as many diffrent blends because we all have diffrent taste you may need to sample many diffrent blends to find the one that will meet your needs, you may like Prince Albert and another one you may want to try is also a lane blend called 1-Q the mod here Lawrence will exspouse all the virtues of this blend

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
That's easy...

Lane 1Q

Very mild, very pleasant and familiar room note, excellent pouch note, little casing, and won't bite at all.

It's a great "go to" smoke.

Here are some of the names that Lane 1Q is known by at local B&M's around the country.

1Q

Accountant

Wolverine

Lawrence :)

IQ-140

Yorkshire

Wilshire

Argonant

Ships Wheel

T.P.

Indian Summer

Park Avenue

Snow Flake

All Day Long

City's Own

Tipperary

Queen Mary

Tapistry

Aspen

Gardens Blend

Checkmate

Joes Blend

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Lawrence hit it best with 1Q. No doubt the best as far as what you are looking for.
A few easier to acquire blends would be Captain Black White (Original) or Prince Albert. Both can be found at most places that sell any for of tobacco.
Mac Baren came out with the 7Seas line and it is similar to the Captain Black line of baccy and cheaper.

nathaniel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 4, 2011
Uh oh, I don't know if there's room for ANOTHER arthur on here! 8O just kidding... :rofl:
Welcome to the forum; Lawrence has all the answer you need above.

maduroman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 15, 2010
i have to say, though, ANY pipe tobacco can be made to bite... if you smoke it to fast.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
PM Me your addy and i'll send you sample of 1Q. I just recently purchased some and it's amazing.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Check out some of the site sponsers on the bottom left of the screen. They should be able to set you up with a sampler pack of several different blends of different kinds.
Also check out http://luxurytobaccoreviews.com/ another site connected to this site.
Winton
Kevin, this should count for two referrals, not just one.

ck12

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2011
1Q is great as others have said but i have also found that i like to switch it up with another easy smoke called butternut burley and it is great also!

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I wonder if there are any mild no-bite non-aromatics to recommend. All the ones I have do require some work (drying out etc). I guess the easiest one is Irish Oak, but that one is hardly mild.

Jul 15, 2011
The tobaccos that JM Boswell blends himself are proclaimed on his website to have a "minimum to no bite taste." I have found this to be true of all of his tobaccos that I have tried thus far. Give them a shot! Cheap too!

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
I wonder if there are any mild no-bite non-aromatics to recommend. All the ones I have do require some work (drying out etc). I guess the easiest one is Irish Oak, but that one is hardly mild.
I would suggest either Balkan Sasieni or perhaps Three Oaks Syrian for something a little more complex. I've also never been bitten by Ten Russians, but that in no way qualifies as mild...
Although, in my experience, all tobbacos require some drying and fiddling with; even if its only a few minutes of breathing time...and, along the same lines, everything can bite if pushed hard enough.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Arthur123 check your PMs please. I'm just double checking you gave me the correct address. When I looked it up I found different. Don't want to send backy to someone that will throw it away! :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.