Very excited about inbound PAD (horn-stem bulldog, unsmoked, ~40 years old)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
SPC honcho Sykes Wilford made a recent trip to St. Claude and environs, visiting some old manufacturing facilities and making some great finds.
Here's the article, about what SPC is calling the Ropp Project. Interesting reading.
SPC's Ropp Project
Among the pipes he found there, unsmoked but of indeterminate vintage (probably around 1970 or so), were some bulldogs with HORN stems. My Uncle Bob, who was the major pipe fellow in the family and brought me into the pastime 35 years ago when I was an undergrad, had a couple of horn-stemmed pipes and I always wanted one. For once I spotted the update email from SPC in time to act. For $70 it took no time to decide to pull the trigger.
Here's the pipe:
Ropp blast bulldog with horn stem
Should be here Monday. I have spent much more on pipes before, but rarely has one's arrival been so eagerly anticipated.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
That is a sweet looking bulldog. I'm no expert but I think briar pipes that have been sitting around unsmoked for a few decades really smoke well. Have fun breaking that one in!

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I know that feeling! Let us know how you like it in person when it arrives.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I am in love with this line! The horn stems are a real treat, and the Briar on the 2 I've purchased is top notch. I like the two I have so much that I just bought a 3rd. Honestly, at the price point I feel like I am stealing them.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Pipe received. Pics coming soon.
Let's just say that, once again, SPC exceeds all expectations. From the wonderfully designed and high quality packaging, to a pipe that is simply an elegant GEM (at an amazing price), to speedy shipping I cannot overpraise this transaction.
If this little fellow smokes so well as this promises it will be a favorite in short order.

Status
Not open for further replies.