PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I bought 29 tins, 4 at smokingpipes, 15 at P&C and 10 at 4noggins. These will not see the light of day for at least 6 years. I would not be surprised to see this blend go the way of Three Nuns in a few years. I just have a feeling about this one.

Aug 14, 2012
I have recently tried it for the first time, couldn't get any before. Great Stuff! A little bit of bite though (I smoke around 10-12 a day), so I have been putting Gawith & Hoggarth's Broken Scotch Cake in the bottom half, Veermaster on top. What a great combo. Why does it say Beermaster on the can, but it is listed a Veermaster? Is it to avoid legal problems for selling beer without a liquor license? If so what about rum and scotch blends? Or is Veermaster an older name for the same blend?

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Foggy, this is from Tobacco Review concerning the name.
" Regarding the name of this blend, which some people mistakenly think is 'Hamborger Beermaster' because of the typeface used on the tin; the ship on the front is a German four-masted windjammer, called a 'Veermaster'. This coupled with the fact that Dan Tobacco, the producer, lists this blend in their price lists as 'Hamborger Veermaster' is probably all that need to be said on this subject."
I have found that this blend needs a minimum of 3 to 5 years before it begins to shine, it is pretty good fresh, but is a little bitey and needs rounding out. My 11 year old is totally black in color and is sublime. I am not a fan of the bulk, too much shake and too many broken flakes that are almost like a ribbon cut. I have one pound of the bulk but am only buying tins now.

Aug 14, 2012
Thanks Cigrmaster. Interesting that B & V are so similar in some languages. I love the stuff fresh, will try to get enough to put some away.

Status
Not open for further replies.