PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Made an order from P&C last Monday (Yes it was a federal holiday and USPS doesn't work on federal holidays). Got the notification from P&C that the information had been sent to USPS. Apparently my order wasn't picked up from P&C until Thursday according to the USPS tracking. The tracking said it would be delivered today. It didn't get here. Why? Because it arrived at the USPS "Designation" Facility in New Orleans and was then sent to the Post Office for delivery. Only problem?
My package was sent to the Post Office in a different zipcode about 26 miles from the local Post Office for my zipcode.

Tried emailing USPS customer service and couldn't because it said a case with my tracking number had already been closed.

Guess What? I don't have my package. It's sitting in a post office somewhere in New Orleans. And I spent 20 minutes of wasted time on the phone listening to a recording because they don't have enough humans working in customer service.
Morale: If you order anything from P&C pay the extra money and avoid having it shipped by USPS.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
That's really unfortunate. Not much P&C can do about shipping though. To my location, both USPS and UPS are slow to deliver. It's just the nature of being about five hours further into Texas from New Orleans.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Sorry to hear about the situation. Hope it all gets sorted out and to you as soon as possible.
I haven't had anything like that happen. I've had packages sent USPS two day a number of times from SmokingPipes and haven't had any problems.

bonehed

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2014
I had a somewhat similar situation that started last November. Ordered ~8oz from smokingpipes.com. A few days later tracking says delivered, yet no package. Made some calls, wasted some time... no one knew what happened. April rolls around and the mail person strolls up with a battered and wet package saying 'I found this on the neighbor's lawn a few houses down, it must have been buried in all that snow we had... sorry!' Guess I'm lucky, nothing was damaged save some wet tin labels and I got some extra aging in. Thanks USPS!

jSSKBGU.jpg

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
It looks like they drop-kicked it from the truck. Glad you were able to keep a positive attitude and sense of humor about it!

bonehed

Nov 27, 2014
Mmm, a few months under a few feet of snow will do that. I was just happy to see it at all, figured it was gone for good.

aggravatedfarmer

Sep 9, 2015
Fed ex truck took out a cable wire and vinyl siding on my house this past May. They claimed they weren't liable, but there were two witnesses (fiancé and I) and a police report. And the fire dep. was called out. State troopers were called out. And sheriff was called out. Had to fight them all summer to get them to at least help with the damage. I did all the footwork getting an estimate and etcetera. They still claimed no responsibility. After a heated phone call and asking for a supervisors number I got a hundred dollars to repair my house.
Ironically I used fedex to ship two chairs I sold in July. My buyer/dealer said the driver "tossed off" the crate. Then he yelled at him for doing so.
All in all, fed ex sucks.

Mar 1, 2014
Thankfully they manage to drop kick packages across the Canadian border well enough.

Across hundreds of packages they've been 100% reliable at getting my stuff into the hands of Canada Post.

The real kicker is it's so much cheaper that people commonly go into the U.S. to send mail back to Canada.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
I'm currently on day 11 for a package that was supposed to be here in 3 days. Apparently my package wanted to spend 4 days (business) days just sitting in Memphis. But even with their many faults, the Post Office still beats FedEx.

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
FedEx is sub-par, and considering the amount of packages the USPS ships, they have a pretty good record. It does not however mean that they don't really screw the pooch sometimes. I have had my fair share of bad experiences with USPS. If it wasn't for my local mailman being a totally stand up guy, I probably would not give so much latitude.
If I have a choice, I will almost always chose UPS.

elbert

Mar 10, 2015
They handle 500 million pieces a day. You can drop an envelope into a blue box for the cost of a stamp and have it delivered anywhere in the country. First-world problems much?
Eh...must be time for bed.

aggravatedfarmer

Sep 9, 2015
This thread made me think of my great grandfather on my moms side. He had a small farm and four boys. When the two eldest became of age he didn't do morning chores during the week. Instead he became the towns first postman. He delivered by horse and buggy.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
You can drop an envelope into a blue box for the cost of a stamp and have it delivered anywhere in the country. First-world problems much?
There's no point relaxing our standards just because we've made it this far. Mail delivery is now a service on which many industries rely. We have advanced technology and the ability to track packages. Why not push on to the next level?
After all, we could have stopped when we only had fire and agriculture. But we kept improving them. Yes, the third world has greater problems... but they also have our example of how to beat them. The knowledge is out there.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
You know it's the goht-damned Unio......Just kidding we ain't turning down that road tonight. USPS has been on point for the last three or fours years here.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
The USPS is a joke and shouldn't continue to be propped up by the tax payers. It's a joke of a company and should be forced to survive on it own incompetence.

Status
Not open for further replies.