USPS Coming Out With 50 Years Of Hot Wheels Stamps...with pic.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I'm not a stamp collector and I never buy stamps...who mails anything anymore? But, I do think these stamps are pretty cool. Oh, how I wish I still had my old Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars from when I was a kid.
569004-l0-edited.jpg

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I still mail with stamps as well. It's a business thing.
Speaking of selling stuff....my X-wife sold my vinyl collection at a yard sale when I was away on business. She was so excited that she sold them all in 30 minutes and made $350. The Queen "Live Killers" album was worth $400 alone.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
In 1969 when (I was 10) we moved from Chicago out to the far western suburbs and I lost all my G.I. Joe's and footlockers full of clothes and guns in the move. Never found them.

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
A couple of my buddies knew that I had my large and well cared for HotWheels collection in our garage, which was a rarity. They were normally in the basement. They snuck in and stole all of them, including my prized chrome Hoss Boss, which I'd gotten via mail order. That one is worth well north of $100 today. One of them fessed up ten years later but said the cars were in such bad shape, I wouldn't want them back. Yes, we're still close friends.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm forever nine years old when it comes to little metal toy cars. Hot wheels are delicious (to see and "drive" across the table), but I graduated to fancy models of old Cadillacs and such. I've become the family go-to guy for buying small boys toy vehicles. I just look for ones I can't resist. I only wish these stamps were in a nice folding book that slides in your wallet. Many of the limited issue stamps are done in sheets, and I find those hard to use. Sheets are never where I want them when I'm ready to mail something. My all-time favorite toy vehicle was a trailer truck auto hauler with six little cars that rode on the trailer, 1940's vintage cars. Not excruciating detail, but nicely done and durable. I must have played with that set on into middle school, privately of course. The household cats play hell with my little cars that are supposed to be parked on windowsills.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Thats pretty cool, we still use stamps.
I lost nearly all of my Matchbox and Hot Wheels in our numerous military-moves. And, one Christmas, my grandfather gave me a tool set with a bench vise. A number of cars were sacrificed to that crusher, which still makes me sad.
A few years ago, we cleaned out my parents home, and I found this Matchbox Lotus #19 in a box of junk. I'm a Formula One fan now, so this was a great find. I wasn't very kind to my cars, but somehow this one survived in decent shape.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like to mail people letters. It is such a distinct experience, whatever you say, people will remember it and probably save it. Postage is such a remarkable bargain.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I mail anything that could, if intercepted, be used for identity theft. Any sensitive correspondence like tax returns or credit card bills get mailed from and picked up at the actual post office. I don't write checks at the grocery store (wiseass!), but I don't want some fat slob with Dorito crumbs in his ass crack stealing my tax refund from the comfort of his mommy's basement, either. If you want to steal my shit, you can get off your lazy dead ass and stick up a mail truck like they did in the good old days.

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
I have a partial sheet myself; use them to mail some bills and some cards. No, I don't write checks at the grocery; I'm quite the complicated enigma. Some stuff I do online, some stuff I mail. Drives the collectors nuts...

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I no longer have any of my childhood treasures, but in the late 90's, I was involved in the Big Brother program and my Little Brother got me into the collectible card game, Magic: The Gathering.
I still have about 15-20k cards taking up space behind me.
cards-600x337.jpg

jay-roger.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.