PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Anyone try this? It would probably only work with smaller or stubby pipes but I'm looking at getting a stubby for everyday use and thought this might work as a carrying case?

case_zps23acb418.jpg

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
If you had a spare glasses case lying around, I think it would be a great pipe case. That being said, you can buy fairly inexpensive pipe cases which also give you somewhere to store pipe cleaners and pipe tools.

guhrillastile

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2013
Got a few of them. They work great. Thrift stores are usually packed with them for cheap.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
We had a ton of these left at work and I got a few of them with the soft pouches too. They work great for protecting the pipe. I even have two that are meant for glasses that come with multiple lenses and a strap those cases will fit two pipes or even three with a cob and have foam to separate each. Those are pretty unique but I instantly though pipe cases when I saw them haha

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
At the local shop here its about $40 for the most plain soft bag. $40 would get me 3 or 4 decent sunglass cases. Few years back a brewery was giving hard foam cases away with ever 18 pack and betting i can still find a few. It will go nicely with the foam beer cozes I use to transport the small sealer jars I transport tobacco around in.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Some of our site sponsors carry 2 pipe combo pouches for less than $15. Check them out! I have a 2 pipe/tobacco pouch as well as a 1 pipe combo. I think I paid $10 or less for the 1 pipe pouch, and less than $20 for the 2 pipe. The 2 pipe is a little nicer because it'll hole a whole bundle of cleaners, as well as my tamper.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
I use the soft foam backed eyeglass/sunglass sleeves for pipe cleaners. I keep them in my briefcase, computer bag and every car glove box in the Fnord fleet. Each sleeves holds 25 plus pipe cleaners.
Never thought of tucking a burner into one of them.
Fnord

Status
Not open for further replies.