PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

coffinmaker

Can't Leave
Jan 20, 2016
My friend collects everything and junk, he found an upside down pipe, which he gave to me. The stem was broken off and a genus used JB Weld to secure it. The stem has been damaged but the other genus, me, cleaned of the JB Weld and drilled out the remains. Cut a adapted to hold the stem in place and be able to remove the stem for cleaning. I believe this is the perfect, shop pipe, tobacco won't spill out while bent over a coffin putting in pure white lining. The following information is from a 1984-1985 Flyer, Dan Bartlett is the pipe's designer, made by Dr.Grabow Co. in Independence, VA. This is the Standard Walnut #1210, sold for #34.95 mail order only. These were advertised in the "Blue Ridge Mountains Pipe Smokers' Collection". Many thanks to MR.EJames for sending copies of this flyer. I fired this contraption up and what a difference in smoking. I did use some low end tobacco to test it. No nasties at all. Will be a great work pipe!

foolwiththefez

Can't Leave
Sep 22, 2015
Sunny FL
I almost bought a pipe like that from the Grumble House last time I was in Dunnellon. Searching for information on that pipe is actually how I found this forum. I occasionally sort of regret passing on it, but in general I'm still worried it would be a gimmicky pita to load and smoke

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
Great find. Plenty of guys I know smoke their pipe upside down in the rain, or shower even, anyway. I've done it a few times and once used to it, it is not really any more difficult to smoke. Sounds like the perfect pipe for your trade, though. Enjoy.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
That is quite the contraption. There were a few iterations of the upside down gimmick. Some were better than others! Glad you found something you enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.