Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
I talked with Phil, the general manager of Missouri Meerschaum today when I called in another order for more Pipe Chat 2012 Cobs. While he said the Bulldog and other probable new models might be delayed due to not enough larger sized cobs, he said that this coming crop should solve that problem. Phil mentioned a lot about hybrid seeds and parent plants that I didn’t quite understand, but did say they now have rediscovered the hybrid seeds needed to produce larger cobs.
He also mentioned that he’s still looking for acceptable reeds to use in order to reintroduce Reed Cobs, but so far none of the material they have tested has been satisfactory. While Bulldog cobs might still be a year away, Phil did say that they plan on bringing out not only the Bulldog, but several other new models, and that the upcoming growing season will hopefully produce the bumper crop of larger sized cobs needed for the new projects.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
I was hoping you'd say they're hitting shelves next week :|

Dont know what I'm worried about, I have enough Bulldogs and reed stemmed cobs to last a lifetime or three :D

Thanks for keeping up with this, and keeping us up to date.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
wonder what that would look like
Heres a couple of mine. I imagine the new dogs will have wood shanks, a bit different from these.

Top is circa 1940-50, middle is probably mid 1920's, the last circa 1970's.
pics031.jpg

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Sweet cobs Lonestar! Yes interesting stuff about hybrid seeds for bigger corncobs. Thanks tiltjlp.

revs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
Utah
Love the bulldog cobs. Will definitely be adding one to the collection.

wildcat

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2012
I rusticated a MM spool cob (I'll post some lousy pics 2nite) and the idea of turning some bulldog lines in the bowl crossed my mind. Picked up a new MM Patriot today. Maybe I'll give it a try...
Looking forward to new designs from MM tho. Thx for sharing!

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Thanks for the info, I look forward to the return of bigger corncobs. I only have one large size cob left!

bobby46

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2012
If the MM bulldogs will look anything like the above pics, count me in!

Status
Not open for further replies.