PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Some of you know that derfatdutchman machined the metal tamp base for me which I then sent to Michael Parks to complete the handle. Just got this update from Michael. It'll have the same mammoth bone that he's using in my commissioned Dipmlonat.

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
That is looking like a fantastic piece! I was curious to see how the proportions were going to turn out since an espresso tamp is typically a robust squat object you manipulate largely with your palm and a pipe tamp tends to be an elongated tool manipulated with your finger tips. I think he's found a good middle ground that looks like it is going to be a pleasure to use!

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Thanks Drez, I had the same curiosity. I think parks nailed it. Curious to see what it looks like once it's stained and the mammoth bone is added. Should be a terrific pipe/tamp combo! Might have to just to have a fancy case made for them!

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I asked the same thing. Here's his response...

Hi Nate,

The wood looks good and at this point I am still expecting a smooth out of this block.

I won't know for certain though until I have completed the finish shaping and sanding.

From here that process will happen over a week once I start on it...which will still be a few weeks from.

I'll keep you posted!

Chat soon,

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.