Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2012
Just received this strange and delightful pipe. It is a basic apple shape with octagonal paneling. No style number, #3 bowl, 6" long. I haven't smoked it yet but it will be a favorite for sure.
192s-4675_zpse31f556b.jpg
193s-4676_zps191df1e3.jpg
194s-4677_zpsa6b3ef66.jpg
195s-4678_zpse8fc1ea9.jpg

Aug 14, 2012
It's the new labeling. They started stamping White Spot instead of Dunhill late last year. There is an extended discussion about it on this site.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
waymon:
I think that's the new nomenclature. There's been much discussion here about how Dunhill is trying to minimize the name "Dunhill" on their pipes and get people to think of them as "White Spot" pipes. Search the forums and you'll get some insight into this ludicrous approach to marketing a 100+-year-old brand. (The short reason: The current head of the Dunhill line responsible for pipe production doesn't believe the Dunhill name should be associated with something as awful as pipe smoking. And if that makes sense to you, you're a smarter man than I.)

waymon

Lurker
Feb 11, 2013
(The short reason: The current head of the Dunhill line responsible for pipe production doesn't believe the Dunhill name should be associated with something as awful as pipe smoking. And if that makes sense to you, you're a smarter man than I.)
In all honesty it doesn't make a difference to me how they are stamped. I myself think they are over rated and priced. Nothing against the pipe pictured, it is a nice looking pipe! Congrats and enjoy your new pipe foggymountain.

cynyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
Man, that really is a beaut, Foggy. That shiny stem makes it look like it's going for a night on the town with white ascot. Maybe a show with a duke's daughter, drop by the Drones for a whisky with Bertie Wooster, then to bed. Got to get up at eleven sharp, tomorrow is Old Boy's Day at Eton. Pip, pip!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
You can really pick those Root Briars Foggy! I have not seen that shape either. Dunhill or White Spot, it looks like whoever is making their stems sure knows their stuff!

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
Wonderful pipe, foggy...
I have to say, though, that I HATE this White Spot branding foolishness.
I wish they would sell the rights to the Dunhill name instead of trying to transform it.

Status
Not open for further replies.