PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Picked this up from Rob Cooper earlier this summer. It's totally unlike any other Nachwalter pipe I've seen in that it has no stamped nomenclature. Instead, it's simply hand signed "Elliott Nachwalter / 6 - 26 - 80." This is a BIG pipe, so I plan to use it for English blends.
nachwalter-bent-and-signed-006-600x400.jpg

nachwalter-bent-and-signed-008-600x400.jpg

nachwalter-bent-and-signed-007-600x400.jpg

nachwalter-bent-and-signed-0091-600x400.jpg

nachwalter-bent-and-signed-010-600x400.jpg

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Thanks for that insight, Roth. I suspect you're right about the lack of nomenclature. Rob Cooper thought as much, too. All I know is that the pipe had one previous owner and had only been lightly smoked -- I don't know whether it was a gift, a purchase from Pipeworks and Wilke, a special order or what. But many thanks for the kind comments.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
You're welcome, Pitch. When you call Carole Burns for your next order, you may want to ask her about it. I wouldn't be surprised if she actually remembers your pipe [8)]
That's a great idea -- I hadn't thought of that at all. Her blends are definitely on my to-try list.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
OMG OMG Not to be strange, or obsessed with details, but I love the rim!
LOL, I kinda like that too -- a little bit of plateau, a little bit of smooth around the bowl.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Very nice! I'm not sure if it's the photography or the finish, but the darker clear stain is might appealing!

Dec 24, 2012
I love that pipe. I am not a huge plateau guy, but the type you have there is the one type I do like - the smooth mixed with the craggy. Kind of looks like a bullet flew out of the bowl,lol

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Very nice! I'm not sure if it's the photography or the finish, but the darker clear stain is might appealing!
Thanks, Mike. I think the photos are pretty true to its natural color -- lots of dark areas in the briar. (Is the dark grain the soft wood or the hard wood? I always forget.)
I love that pipe. I am not a huge plateau guy, but the type you have there is the one type I do like - the smooth mixed with the craggy. Kind of looks like a bullet flew out of the bowl,lol
Thanks, Peck. Thanks for suggesting my pipe looks like an exit wound. :mrgreen:

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
That is a great looking pipe with some awesome grain. I love the shape and I am sure it will be a great smoker for you. Congrats on your latest purchase.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Very nice, and as rothnh says, the dating is from the transition between Coral Springs and NYC. Carole would be the best source for information. I just joined...the Astley thread...but I'd much rather talk about pipes.
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.