PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
B7HAWX_2768945b.jpg
Now, I know that even though we speak a slightly similar language, and have, in general, been allies through thick and thin (after you got over the initial unpleasantness of having your offspring leave the nest), that there are some substantial cultural difference between the US and the UK.
557c4575740c638f57d59b92fb903c34--mind-the-gap-christmas-tree-ornaments.jpg
But I also know that you folks across the pond do, in fact, celebrate a wintertime holiday of some kind or another.

victorian-carollers-685x250.jpg
And, in addition, I happen to know that everyone reading this missive (you still with me here?) is a pipe smoker.
So, with all that in mind, how about joining up with the Secret Santa 2018 Extravaganza?. We have a couple of your fellow countrymen signed up already, but it would be jolly good (see what I did there?) to have more of you folks in on the festivities.
Won't you join us?
father-christmas.jpg

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
Ok - we tend to call him Father Christmas rather than Santa, but 'Secret Father Christmas' doesn't have quite the same ring :puffpipe:
What the man said!
Mike

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
My second cousin was killed when he opened a package from N.I. which the IRA had highjacked and rigged with an explosive. So, not so funny.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Stolen from another thread, 10 good reasons to join:
10. It's Easy
There is a small questionnaire you fill out through a link in the thread asking you your screen name, mailing address, and preferred tobacco. There are no health questions, and no sales person will call you. You are pre approved for coverage (you just need to have been around here for a few months and posted sometimes).
9. Dan (Woodsroad) Has Done All The Work!
You will get an email at some point with an address. Mail that person 2 tins. Wait and see what tins are coming your way.
8. Camaraderie & Fraternity
We are always hearing about the 'brotherhood' of pipers. Sometimes we don't see that at all, and sometimes we do, like this. This is a great opportunity to help another oker find a blend they might really enjoy.
7. But I Have All the Tobacco I Could Ever Use
Maybe so, you've boarded a billion tins of your favorite blend, but maybe you will find a new favorite to throw in your rotation as well!
6. Dan (Woodsroad) HAS DONE ALL THE WORK
You literally just mail a box.
5. It's A Good Way to Meet Fellow Members
Especially true for the newer guys, we are more than just screenames!
4. It is a lot of Fun
I only started doing this last year, but no one has had a bad experience. The thread is an ongoing thing as well. Who will get that tub of Captain Black Grape this year?
3. Dan (Woodsroad) Sells Your Personal Info to only the Choicest of Clients
I kid! I kid! I think...
2. What You Don't Like, Someone May Love
Do you have some blends that you thought you would love, but can't stand? Have you moved on from burleys and English? Move them forward to someone who will enjoy them!
And the number 1 reason?
1. Dan (Woodsroad) HAS DONE EVERYTHING FOR YOU BUT PACK THE BOX!
Easy as that really!

Status
Not open for further replies.