PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

steyrshrek

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
So today I picked up two new pipes to start back pipe smoking, a Brigham Algonquin 235 and a Peterson Standard 314. Also picked up a bunch of tabaccos and some other accessories. Smoked my first half bowl full in my Brigham to start breaking it in and it was wonderful. I must say it was even more enjoyable than I remembered from almost twenty years ago, especially with all the things that I've learned here to make it more successful and enjoyable. Looking forward to my next smoke.

steyrshrek

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
I know I've already been looking for my next pipe(s). This just goes along with all my other purchasing afflictions, safety razors, fountain pens, knives, flashlights, watches ....

jvandy77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
Awe man, I love my Peterson!! I dont believe I have ever heard of Brighams before. Would you be able to post a pic? I'm just curious...

steyrshrek

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
Sure, Brigham is a Canadian pipe manufacture, been around since 1906, they seem to be very popular up here, I'm sure smokingpipes.com sells them too.

jvandy77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
Thanks, I shall have to check these out. I DO find some of the canadian-style pipes quite attractive...

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Here are some Brighams mate.

005.jpg

002-3.jpg

brig1.jpg

Number 2 and 3 from the left.

pipe.jpg

jvandy77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
Thanks. I really like the first pic. It has an interesting look to it

steyrshrek

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
@jvandy77 here's a photo of the Brigham Algonquin 265 (I'd say it's a bent egg shape).

16d9997b.jpg

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
... especially with all the things that I've learned here to make it more successful and enjoyable.

Simple technique is often the difference between a bad smoke and a good one.
I have a Brigham shaped almost just like yours and a Peterson bulldog - two of my best pipes. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.