Two New Old Meerschaums I Just Picked Up!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Well these two fellows need some TLC but they will clean up very nicely and be added to my collection for regular use. The 'cutty' pipe style has been very lightly smoked so I think it will color up nicely after several pounds of Condor have been put through it. The pipe walls are both very good and the meerschaum itself is hard and well smoked. Both stems are amber and neither of the shanks are blocked so they will make excellent usable additions to my collection. I thought you guys would appreciate these pictures rather than a post card of my recent London trip!
pipe_01_zps43dc1e5a.png
[/url][/img]
pipe_02_first_zps950ed21c.png
[/url][/img]
pipe_02_second_zps47eadb86.png
[/url][/img]

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Congrats...great looking meers. Both look to be in good shape...amazing coloring on the second one.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
onepyrotec I have been buying up this style for 30 years. Everyone got very excited about the elaborately carved late 19th century specimens back in the early ninety eighties. They are very pretty but also large and not very practical for every day use. The weight of the pipe also puts extreme stress on the amber stems which causes them to break or chip. I have two such pipes in a drawer and I have not bothered to look at them in twenty years. Thank you for the compliment but unless I turn my toes up they are unlikely to come to market as I buy two or so such pipes each month so I am sure you can guess the approximate size of my collection!.

Status
Not open for further replies.