PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Tip Number One: Pipe Cadday for your car or truck

If you smoke in your vehicle, juggling, pipes, tampers, lighters, cleaners, etc can be a challenge. I keep my ashtray clear for pipe tools and use two, nested hot beverage paper cups as a pipe caddy. I use the cup to hold my pipe when I need to put it down for traffic or to let it rest. I also store cleaners in it. I use the bottom nested cups to hold the ash and dottle when done. Keeps the pipe cleans and the ashes from being blown around by the air conditioner or wind.

Tip Two: Camera Cases are cheaper and many times are better than cases designed for pipes.
I found years ago that pipe cases were expensive and mostly were not designed that well. I started using camera cases instead and disovered not only were they cheaper than pipe cases, but they worked better, having more little pockets and hide-a-ways for tools. I use a small one for daily commuting and a larger one for travel. Pics are of my commuter pack, costing less than $15.00. Anyone interested in a Mr. Brog case cheap, let me know. :lol:
This little case holds two pipes and all the tools you need. I carry tobacco separately.

Back has pockets for lighter, tamper, gum, etc.

Clasp Cases work better than zippered

Great ideas!! Very practical.

I like to use a camera case also, but mostly for when I need a lot of pipes with me, like travel or pipe club meetings.

case1.jpg

When I am out and about, I'll just take one pipe in my shirt pocket and a tin in the car. I just put a pipe rest in the car. It's one made from a solid block of wood, and I was thinking about drilling a hole to hold a tamp. I keep cleaners in the side compartment in my cardoor, and I have a bazillion lighters floating around. The tamp is usually what I can't find when I am driving, so a place to keep it secure will make my world less stressful, ha ha!!

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I empty my bowls at traffic lights, I set my pipe down in the cellphone pocket of my console (fits perfectly and the stem sits on the e-brake). I keep my tools in my pipe case that usually just sits on the passenger seat and my on-the-go baccy goes in my Baccyflap, which carries about a weeks worth of smoke for morning commute and work days.
To the pipe group I went to a couple weeks back I used my toiletry ditty bag to carry four pipes wrapped in a kitchen towel, two tins and a pouch. Worked great.
I like your on the go cup idea, but I hate keeping ash in the car.

roryrumfelt

Might Stick Around
Jul 21, 2014
tumblr_n9ace8nRnz1sgnaeuo2_500.jpg

Cheap tobacco plus a bag of cherry Virginia and latakia mixed, pipe cleaners in the bottom all held in a leather pouch I made.

tumblr_n9ace8nRnz1sgnaeuo1_500.jpg

I wrap it all up shove it all in my back pocket and im good to go!

tumblr_n9ace8nRnz1sgnaeuo3_500.jpg

Anything to show off my butt huh? CHEAP too, twas free hahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.