PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I checked them out before I finally had to commission a cabinet. I can't pay that much for painted pine no matter how good the craftsmanship.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My wife, who was in rehab at the time for a hip replacement revision (don't ask!),

gave me a gift certificate for Two Cousins, for a significant birthday, and they did

a great job. I described what I wanted, an "old barn wood look," and they made

two pipe racks and let me choose. I stuck with the old bar wood version as requested,

and they resoundingly agreed. They also sent along a tin of tobacco and a custom

tamper, and this is my main 12 pipe rack, along with a ten pipe rack with a tobacco

jar I inherited from my grandfather via my dad. I sure didn't have time to be making

a pipe rack at that point, so it was a great boost. I took it over to rehab, loaded with

all my pipes, and parked it on the rolling table at bedside, and it was a bright spot

in our week/month.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Great story mso489! They certainly do great work. There is no doubt about that.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
My wife, who was in rehab at the time for a hip replacement revision (don't ask!),

gave me a gift certificate for Two Cousins, for a significant birthday, and they did

a great job. I described what I wanted, an "old barn wood look," and they made

two pipe racks and let me choose. I stuck with the old bar wood version as requested,

and they resoundingly agreed. They also sent along a tin of tobacco and a custom

tamper, and this is my main 12 pipe rack, along with a ten pipe rack with a tobacco

jar I inherited from my grandfather via my dad. I sure didn't have time to be making

a pipe rack at that point, so it was a great boost. I took it over to rehab, loaded with

all my pipes, and parked it on the rolling table at bedside, and it was a bright spot

in our week/month.
any chance you have a picture? I'm trying to decide how blow a nice gift certificate myself.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I have two myself, but custom pieces.
The first is a variation on the "Summer Cottage" (I didn't need the storage)

And this was something simple, just a rack to hold churchwardens.

I definitely recommend their work, although there can be delays with custom jobs.
JJ

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
I checked out their site a while ago and fell in love. When I have the money to spare I'd really like to get one.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
white_star_line_cabinet.jpg

i like this idea

yaboofive

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 28, 2010
I like their work allot. They made a Tardis cabinet that I would love for my collection.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
I was just on their site the other day. Came so close to ordering one of their racks. Needless to say, second Baki should be here Saturday or Monday. They truly are nice racks but the PAD is killing me this month.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
All beautiful! BB, what pipe is Tim Crowder smoking in your link? Top photo? If you have a guess?

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Neill,
Welcome to the Pipes Magazine forums!
Many of the members here are readers of the Passion for Pipes blog -- it's great to see you posting here.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
These are beautifully crafted pipe racks. They have a design vision that they can just keep making different racks and cabinets in the same genre, over and over, and they still look great. That is not easy to do, it's no different than any other creative endeavor (like pipe making). At some point, if you don't keep a fresh outlook, you get burned out and start repeating yourself.
So hat off to the Two Cuzzins.
That said, it's not my style and they wouldn't fit into my house, but man, I could see one of these, in a very nice living room. making both the piper and the one that calls the tune very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.