PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Anyone else excited for the return of Twin Peaks tomorrow night?

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I seem to recall they did try to restart it, but the deal fell through with Lynch getting back on board...but I thought they had actually made some sort of new series not long ago. I never saw it though...maybe it never actually came out.
But now that Lynch is involved again, I'm going to have to see it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWa0dZMHYeE

M

I seem to recall they did try to restart it, but the deal fell through with Lynch getting back on board...but I thought they had actually made some sort of new series not long ago. I never saw it though...maybe it never actually came out.
They announced in October 2014 that Lynch and Frost were going to continue the series. They had an argument leading up to filming, and some thought it might not happen, but they worked out their differences and started filming in the fall of 2015 and wrapped up in spring of 2016.
Season One was released in 1990. Season Two in 1991. The prequel movie Fire Walk with Me was released in 1992. Laura Palmer said to Agent Cooper that she would see him again in 25 years. It continues tomorrow evening.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
@MN: I see...thanks for the clarification. I have the original series on DVD and have watched it twice. The thought of signing up for Showtime is painful for me, but I may have to for this.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I can wait for the Blu Ray release. Will be interesting though. Hope it's not a disappointment like the attempt to revive the X-Files.

M

I believe they run the first 8 episodes over the next 6 weeks with two episodes airing back to back the next two Sundays. It will pick back up in September for the last 10 episodes in a two-part finale.

M

The thought of signing up for Showtime is painful for me.
It's $14 a month. Did you have a bad experience?
I can wait for the Blu Ray release. Will be interesting though. Hope it's not a disappointment like the attempt to revive the X-Files.
That's impressive, but I know you have patience, as you waited until Christmas to smoke your last Weaver commission. I hope it's not a disappointment either.
Yeah I'll probably wait too then.
It's $28 for the next two months and you can catch the first 8 episodes, cancel, and then pick it back up in the fall. You know you want to.
I'll be sure to give spoilers updates each week. :wink:

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Channel 545 on DIRECTV, 6 PM PDT. Thanks for the reminder!! I wonder what Laura Palmer will turn out to look like.
MV5BMTkxNDg2NTQ2N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTAyMDMzMjI@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,1329,1000_AL_.jpg

(She was frightful looking back then! Sorry, fans of Ms. Zabriskie)

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Been well over a decade since I watched the original. Just ordered the Blu Ray set that contains all episodes, the movie, and the missing pieces.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
It's $14 a month. Did you have a bad experience?
No, it's just that I don't have cable or satellite at all right now...and would rather not start up any new subscription services. When I find time to watch something I watch DVD's.
I'll be sure to give spoilers updates each week. :wink:
I must admit I'm a little concerned about spoilers lol...may have to look into a way to watch it on-line...trying to resist...
Suddenly I'm experiencing a powerful craving for pie and coffee for some reason...

Status
Not open for further replies.