PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2014
wv
I bought this Rossi Vittoria 320 new for a great deal, but it was very plane Jane. I summoned my inner MacGyver and added a little style to it. Gave it an alcohol soak and scrubbed it with 0000 steel wool, restained it medium brown, and fitted it with a 55 cent brass washer from the local hardware store.

http://pipesmagazine.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/album/10668/rossi-before-after.jpg

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Nice mod! It is indeed now more visually interesting. I'm not a fan of the condom on the button but I suppose it has practical uses =)

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I prefer a lighter colored finish, or at least some light contrasts on a rustication. I agree that you've fitted a glass slipper on that baby's foot.
The button condom helps prevent STD's. saliva transmitted discolorations.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
:laughat: newbroom;The button condom helps prevent STD's. saliva transmitted discolorations.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Great job Daniel! My kind of restoration, using unconventional materials on a pipe. I once used a faucet washer as a spacer on a screw in stem to get it clocked correctly, because all else failed. Your pipe looks much, much better than mine though.... :clap:

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Thanks fellas. The top pic is a stock photo from P&C but that's exactly what it looked like when I bought it.

BTW, I use softy bits because I'm a clencher. It makes a good grip and is easy on my teeth. I also bought a Rossi vittoria Canadian that is all black. The 320 turned out nice so I might do the same with the Canadian when I get some free time.

bulldogbriar89

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2014
great looking pipe. you did a great job on that fix up. maybe I will send you a pipe to fix up for me.

stoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 19, 2014
How does she smoke? I have a vittoria bent billiard on the way , should be here today. What size is the washer?

Status
Not open for further replies.