PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambam13

Lurker
Mar 24, 2014
Hey ya'll! Had a question for you.
When I first started smoking I tried the recommended blend from my local B&M store and loved it! The problem is that I can't place what it is. I know the room not is fantastic (so says the gf too) and it tastes amazing! There are a few different flavors in there one being a very subtle vanilla. I know B&M stores buy bulk and call it whatever they think will sell. In my case they call it George Washington. At first I thought it might be Lane 1Q, but I got some and tried it and 1Q is good, but no GW. I have asked them what it is, but they only tell me George Washington (this B&M IMO is pretty bad and hits on my pet peeves because yes they do carry pipes, about 12 different pipes total, and they aren't exactly a cigar shop either. They have few pipes, few cigars, and a LOT of glass pipes and other paraphernalia not used for fine tobacco products). So basically I'm saying they know nothing. Harsh but true. I am assuming that the blend is an aromatic because I am almost certain there is black cavendish, but I am uncertain.
Sorry this is so long winded, and that I went on a tangent, but this has been eating at me for months. I would like to find out and order a bunch of bulk (not at $4.89 an ounce tho!). Could it be a different lLane Limited blend? I have tried 1Q and RPL-6 and it's not either one of those. :?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have no idea. But let me recommend a couple of bulk aromatics that might please you and your girlfriend.

Lanes LL-7 is like 1Q but a little more vibrant in the vanilla and caramel flavor, while still tasting like tobacco.

Altadis Queen Anne's Revenge is Va/bur/Cav with rum flavoring and a really nice room note. Very similar

is Altadis Casanova which is the same blend without the rum, and also a fine room note. If these aren't the

tobacco you originally tried, I think they may keep you and your girlfriend happy even if you don't locate that.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
What color is it? Is it a straight light brown tobacco or a mixture or is it pretty much black? Personally I'd just try some aro's with that flavor profile description, and find some new tobacco's and not fret over it. It's definitely an aro as you say there's vanilla flavor, so it's a flavored tobacco which makes it an aro. Personally I give high marks to McClellend's aro's as they get crispy dry and aren't a goopy mess.

bambam13

Lurker
Mar 24, 2014
Mso489- will have to check out those blends thank you :D
Andrew- it is mostly black with a splash of a variety of browns, not many tho
Tuold- the one I smoke I believe is not the one in the link considering it is a bulk blend, according to the link that one was discontinued in 1972
Thank you guys for responding, I appreciate all the help.
Keep cool and smoke on! :puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.