Truly never thought I'd live to see the day ...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
http://www.eweek.com/c/a/IT-Infrastructure/Google-Driverless-Toyota-Prius-Hits-the-Road-in-Nevada-765296/
Yes, it's fully autonomous, as in, it's driven around by Artifical Intelligence only. And it's LICENSED to do so.
they say in the article "rejoice Terminator fans" but ... I immediately thought:
8poXB.jpg

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Haha that is creepy and I don't like it much at all!

The end is near 2012!

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Anyone want to borrow a sense of humor? :nana:
And I agree it is creepy. I think everyone in the world, thinks that Johnny Cab is creepy.
And everybody loves my avatar, thanks.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Screw that, cars cant harly drive when people are in charge, a driverless car is just asking for trouble lol :roll:

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Yeah I have to agree, I don't think it's so much Google's AI is the problem, it's all the other road ragers and weirdos that will cause problems.
You gotta know, there will be a lot of people that would have a grand old time running those driveless cars off the road for the hell of it.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Seriously, that avatar ranks up there amongst the greatest avatars I have seen on any forum or online anything.

corvinvelegost

Might Stick Around
May 1, 2012
i would not want to be in a completely autonomous car...like zanthal i have no problem with the AI its other people that worry me...i cant see an ai being able to keep up with someone intentionally messing with it or doing something stupid

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
I'm just a 62 year-old guy that loves his pipe and tobacco. But, I do try to relate to the abstract! Nice video.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Status
Not open for further replies.