PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
The other day I wrote about how beautiful it was around my Minnesota home. But today... truly breath taking.
Sustained winds of 30+ mph (30 knots the airport says). Frequently gusting past 60. Came home to find my tent gazebo is ruined, blown down and crumpled against the neighbors fence. Ah well...
I have a protected space near the garage, my umbrella table, umbrella still intact. My dogs and I are huddled here, them, crowding close to be petted and loved. Me, at peace, calm and enjoying my favorite briar full of Orlik Golden Sliced, serene and enjoying my age after a good day's work with many, many billable hours making clients happy.
Heaven had *better* be better than this... or I just ain't gonna die. Screw it. Married to an angel and living in a far better place... Now tell me, who'd trade this for eternal bliss?

rhoadsie

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2013
Virginia, USA
Yeah, what's that saying...Be happy not because everything is good, but because you can find the good in everything. Glad you're in a good place!

thnaks

Lurker
Oct 8, 2015
Fall in New England. Fall in the Midwest. Truly the best of 'thin places' especially at this time of year. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.