PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
A few weeks back we had a discussion about pipe stands in a car. I saw I think it was Cosmic's pipe stands and it got me thinking. It's obvious I'm not a wood worker and function was more important then looks but here is an idea I have been working on for a few weeks. I'm sure some of you true wood workers can make it better looking but it seems to work.

img_1901-600x448.jpg

img_1904-600x448.jpg

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Nice idea! Thanks for posting the pix. :clap:

I just put my traveling pipe in the empty cup holder, and it invariably tips over. This gives me an idea to make an insert for the cup holder that keeps the pipe upright and steady.

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
Wow. That’s perfect. I commute 5 hours to work every two weeks. Two pipes for the commute is standard and I’m currently just laying them in the cup holder. Really sucks as they routinely tip over and deposit ashes into said cup holder.
I do like cosmic’s setup but I don’t want my pipes up on top of the dashboard.
Great idea there for the console trouttimes.
Edit: Is that a Chevrolet Silverado console? Looks exactly like mine.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Looks good to me. If you had Steinway piano finishers to put the stain on it, why would you want that?

acidpox

Can't Leave
Nov 18, 2018
That's a great idea, I'm going to have to add that to my ever growing list of projects.

ron123

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 28, 2015
Park Ridge, IL
I thought this might be a good option, but it turned out to be too shallow and sat too low in my car's cup holder. I think a large, not very filled, bean bag would work well in a car holder - filled enough to sit higher than 1/2 way up the inside of the cup holder, and loose enough so that you can form a pocket to hold a pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.