PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
I am going to be getting dentures in the very near future. Does anybody have any help, tips, etc.? I would be mighty glad. I am a little nervous about the switch from real teeth (albeit, bad ones). Thanks.
Josh Strotheide

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
Honestly, I like false teeth better than the real things. Don't worry Josh, there is really nothing to be nervous about. Just make sure they fit properly before you leave the Dentist office. I once sneezed as I was peeing into a urinal at a local restaurant, and my loose fitting dentures flew off into the urinal.
There really are no negatives to dentures. Some of the positives are.
You can remove them to show young children. They get a real kick outa that.
You can remove them before eating thus saving the need to brush. It saves on tooth paste.
Once you have dentures, your need to go to the Dentist is much less. You save a ton of money over the years.
Tooth aches, gum disease, and pain is virtually gone.
Hope this helps!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Score one more for saddle bits. I like the way they look, and some consider them more durable.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
"I once sneezed as I was peeing into a urinal at a local restaurant, and my loose fitting dentures flew off into the urinal."
Frank: that was more info then we needed to know...certainly hope you just left them there but if not we don't need to hear about it! I think that old saying, "what has been seen cannot be unseen" applies here. Too bad it was a restaurant and not a bar; all the alcohol could have disinfected them for you!

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
johnnyreb, I cleaned them REAL good. Yes it was a bar/restaurant so I figured the alcohol would help. It's been about 3 years since that happened, and I haven't come down with any diseases, incrustations, or disabilities from that occurrence. But my wife still refuses to kiss me!!!!!
BTW Josh, I never have a problem clenching a pipe either. You'll be fine. It just takes a while to get used to them.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Interesting thread. I may be pulling the trigger in some choppers this year and I've been worried if it'd cause any issues for my pipe enjoyment.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Thanks guys. Lost most of my teeth to genetics and an industrial accident. Was wandering how denture would affect my piping.

Status
Not open for further replies.