PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyhog

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 18, 2015
I'll go first. With so many great styles I had to go with four. Dublin, Canadian, Canted Billiard and Horn. Next?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think you mean shapes, more exactly. Different finishes, places of national origin, or artisans might figure into styles. I'm a big appreciator of variety, but I end up going with the crowd on billiards, Dublins, zulus, and pots -- I also like panels, authors, diplomats, bulldogs, Rhodesians, apples, princes, churchwardens, brandies ...you see the problem.

maxx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 10, 2015
The only shapes I own in Briars are: Bent Bulldog, Billiard (3 of these), Poker, Dublin, and a Bent Dublin on the way. I plan on getting a Pot, a Bent Pot, another Dublin, possibly a Bulldog, possibly another Bent Bulldog, a Churchwarden, some other Bent types (including a Peterson Sherlock Holmes, which I think is a variation of a Bent Dublin), another Biliard or two (Radice); but no fancy shmansy Artisan shapes. My expectation is that I will favor Bent types because I like how my Bent Bulldog sits in the hand and how the bowl is lower than the lip.
So it seems my top 4 bowl shapes would be -

Billiard

Dublin

Pot

Poker or Rhodesian

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Danish Freehand, Bent Brandy, Dublin and Straight Billiard. I probably have one of everything else too, but the 4 mentioned shapes are the ones that I like most.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Never really thought about it, but I guess when push comes to shove I'd have to say anything other than a churchwarden or a Freehand. Of course there are numerous oddities out there, but they don't count as standard pipe styles/shapes.

samcoffeeman

Can't Leave
Apr 6, 2015
I've become a stout billiard fan of late, although I have many shapes in my collection. My absolute favorites in my collection are a panel billiard, a lovat and a crazy freehand shape.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Bulldog Family (straight, bent, Rhodesians, bullcaps....the whole lot)

Lovat

Dublin

Billiard (in particular, the diamond shank saddle bit, Sasieni's Perth)

drennan

Can't Leave
Mar 30, 2014
Normandy
Lovat,

straight billiard,

and lastly the pot but it must have a saddle stem.
I'd be happy with just a collection of those pipes

Status
Not open for further replies.