PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Well, the last month or so I've felt so much better as I work to get my diabetes under control. In fact, I think I almost feel normal (for me) again for the first time in a long time. It's good to get my health heading in the right direction and I'm dropping some unneeded pounds in the process, too.
You'd think all was swell but I'm finding a downside to feeling better and having more energy: I have so much to do and catch up with I'm almost overwhelmed with being too busy! I suppose that is a better problem than feeling like crud all the time though.
My wife has become "reenergized" in her hobby-business; we have a booth at s local antique mall. But she works a full time job (I'm disabled remember) so guess who does the brunt of the work with merchandise, transportation (on the smaller items I can move), and all the promotion/advertising stuff? Yeah, me, the guy who also babysits the grandson (he's 5) two days a week and shares that duty every other weekend. I'm tiring myself out thinking about it.
Now as winter approaches I find myself "evicted" from my newly setup work area in our upstairs; my son has moved back in with us (LONG story there) so my prospects of refurbishing many pipes in the next few months have dropped dramatically. And with the move everything is in such chaos I can't even find some of my pipes and projects. :(
So, at least I'm not dead; no prospects of that that I'm aware of anytime soon either, thank The Lord. But I suspect I'll be hit and miss for a while yet. I sure do miss interacting with all you fine folks so maybe I can try to make a better attempt to make more time for by Brothers and Sisters of the Briar.
At any rate, if I miss you beforehand, have a wonderful Thanksgiving all! :)

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Congratulations, Greg! It takes will power to accomplish what you have done. Working hard at it myself. You would be surprised how many of us can relate to your experiences. Hang in there.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Good to hear from you again Greg! Glad that things are heading in the right direction with your health too. Seems like life is chaos sometimes though, always get a little bad with the good. Take a deep breath, find a pipe at some point and relax for a few minutes. We're all here for you. :puffy:

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Life truly is a balancing act: It has been for years, with my neurological problem. But add in all the other "stuff" and the beam seems to narrow. It's nice to have folks to share and lean on, this forum, though the dynamic changes at times, has always been a great place for just that.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Greg happy to hear from you, do only what you can, don't worry about the rest, sound like you have clearly stated the problems, take 1 at a time and work on it, worrying about things you can't do is bad. We miss you and are glad to hear from you.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Greg happy to hear from you, do only what you can, don't worry about the rest, sound like you have clearly stated the problems, take 1 at a time and work on it, worrying about things you can't do is bad. We miss you and are glad to hear from you.

Thank you, Bradley; sage advice from a good friend! :puffy: I keep trying to "swear off" worrying but I always worry I won't be able to do it! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.