My First Estate Pipe!
DSC03466.jpg

DSC03465.jpg

DSC03467.jpg

DSC03468.jpg

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Wow. That is really nice. I really like the inlay in the stem. Nice grab. By the looks of the thickness of the bowl looks like it would take a lot to get it hot. That what I look for.

pipeshark

Might Stick Around
Oct 7, 2012
Az
What a beautiful pipe. Congratulations indeed. That north south stuff is great but I love that weaving Birdseye coolness on the shank!! :puffy:

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Thanks guys for the comments.
I knew if kept looking around long enough the right estate pipe would find me. I had never heard of Jacono before so when I saw the pipe for sale I did some quick research and was pretty impressed with what I found. I love the grain on this one and especially the way it goes with the shape so well.
mp31- yes it smokes as good as it looks. Testing out the first bowl now.
I got the pipe through smokingpipes.com and It came very clean and ready to smoke. Just a very faint ghost from previous owner.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Mike, you picked a beauty for your first estate piece. That should be a flake smoking machine with those thick walls and conical shaped bowl. Beautiful straight grain, nice thick walls and from what I have heard a quality mfg. Congrats.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I met him several years ago at a pipe show here in Carolina.He didn't speak a lot of english at the time so I couldn't talk to him a lot.I did get one of his pipes though.It smokes great.I'm sure yours will as well.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Thanks guys, I've only smoked the pipe one time so far and it does smoke cool. Barely got warm in my hand. Next up will be some flakes. Yeah it's a beauty I'm pretty impressed with it. Kinda of a strange shape though A Dublin-Lovat hybrid. The uniqueness Is what I like about the pipe I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.