PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

B18

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2015
Hi guys,
I'm thinking about buying this pipe (wanna buy a Martelo petite bent billard first), but I have a few questions.

How does it smoke?

Does the bowl become really hot?

Is it easy to clench?

Can an extra fluffy pipe cleaner go through it?

What are your pros and cons of the pipe?
https://www.danishpipeshop.com/d/Tom-Eltang-Pencil-Shank-Liverpool-Black-i8083.html

ron123

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 28, 2015
Park Ridge, IL
That’s a nice looking pipe. Tom makes nice pipes and is prolific enough that a lot of his pipes are relatively reasonably priced. Looks like a good choice. Gustavo’s pipes are good too...can’t go wrong with either.

B18

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2015
Yea, I really like Tom's pipes.

I keep switching between his rusticated poker or his Liverpool.

Both are beautiful pipes in my price range.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
It's a wonderful pipe! I have two and smoke them very frequently. I even got his gold variant in Chicago last year for the nostalgia factor. They are perfect smokers. In fact, that is the pipe Tom smokes himself. No concerns for hot bowl or wet smokes. It is a featherweight, so no concerns with clenching. It passes a fluffy pipe cleaner with ease.
e3pnFly.jpg

His rusticated poker is also a wonderful smoking machine, as he calls it. I can recommend both highly.

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
I just bought a nearly identical pipe from smokingpipes yesterday. It had not yet been listed, but my rep Nick sent me a sneak preview when I asked about these Eltang Liverpools. I believe they had two other such pipes in stock, in case you prefer to buy from a US-based seller. The Danish Pipe Shop is top-notch and their price is pretty much the same as smokingpipes. It may be that TDPS gets Tom's best pipes, given that he is a part owner, but that's PURE speculation.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Have any of you smoked one of the Eltang Basics metal-shanked pokers?

Yes. I love mine. It quickly moved up to preferred status in my rotation. I highly recommend them. I smoke mine mainly in the car or for quick 30 minute Flake smokes.
jPueeYX.jpg

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Smokingpipes.com just dropped a nice selection of Eltang Basic pipes today. FYI.

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
Eltang week for me. I completed my 7-day set of Sara Eltangs, added a Liverpool yesterday and I couldn't help myself. I ordered one of the red rusticated Basic Pokers, too. Now, if I can manage to keep from buying that Snail Grade....
I like your taste in liquor, too, Neal. Don Julio Añejo is very nice. One of my favorite easy-to-find tequilas. Diplomatico Rum is excellent as well. Sweet and dare I say, rummy. El Dorado 12 is my favorite, but secretly enjoy Cruzan Single Barrel, too.

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
Yikes this Eltang Liverpool is petite. It's like a Dunhill group 3/4ths! Walls are as thin as can be -- about 2.5mm or 3/32nds". I'm guessing this is primarily designed to smoke cigarette-style shag tobacco, as some Danes are known to do.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
They are certainly feather weight, thus the designation. But surprisingly durable little smoking machines. Flakes or shag are both good. I smoke Orlik Golden Sliced in mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.