Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

masspiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2014
Back again after a week or so absence. My dad passed on 8-29-14 and mom got sick about 10 days ago and she passed earlier this week. Life can seem so cruel at times. I will miss them both dearly. I will pull a silver lining out of this, They were married for 55 years and now they are back together in a much better place. I will smoke a bowl for mom tomorrow and it will be my beloved SPC Mississippi River. When 2 peoples world have revolved around each other for 55 years and one goes the other seems to lose the will to carry on anymore as I saw the same thing with my grand parents. I am glad I have a place here to come and share as I find pipers to have good hearts and caring people.

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I'm sorry to hear about your mother and father. They may not be here but like you said they are together and are in a much happier place. They would want you to be happy also, so keep your head up for them and yourself. I wish you the best.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
@masspiper - I'm so sorry for your loss. It must be very hard, but stay the course and live the life they would have wanted for you.
Take care, Andy

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Sorry for your loss. The "circle" of life works in strange ways sometimes... Keep your chin up, man, and know that your folks are in a better place. My deepest condolences.

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
I'm really sorry to hear about your loss Mass, it's hard to lose one parent but two so close together..my prayers go out to you and your family and my bowls smoked today are in their honor to you.

brudnod

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
Also sorry for your loss. But I'll bet if you had asked your parents, they would have wanted to die closely together in time if not in space. I hope that they did not suffer towards the end, and that you will find peace without them in body and with them in spirit.

terrygoldman123

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Difficult and devastating news about your parents. My deepest condolences. The passage of time will place your loss in a better perspective. I too, will smoke a bowl for them and you and think of the good times you must have had.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Very sorry for your loss. It's a sad story but not uncommon to hear about spouses going so close together. My aunt and uncle passed a day apart so I understand your pain. Keep their memories in your heart and love the ones around you.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
My deepest condolences to you, masspiper. That is an aweful lot to deal with at once and my thoughts are with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.