PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
My friendly neighborhood estate connection caught me again today. Picked up this nice Bruce Weaver sandblast just now for $35, including tax. Very clean pipe. This is my first sandblasted pipe. Getting ready to load her up and try her out.
I guess, even though the bowl is huge, this would be considered a 1/4 bent blasted Dublin???
image41-600x600.jpg

image42-600x543.jpg

image43-580x600.jpg

rangerearthpig

Jan 5, 2014
I'd call that a Zulu.
Thanks, Jason. I wasn't sure. I have sausage fingers, and I can fit my index finger into this bowl up to the second knuckle. It should yield a great, long smoke.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Congrats on a great score!! That's one of those finds that you should write down, and publish once a year on the forums just to wind folks like me up.
I'd call that shape a Belge, though. Here is a fun thread to necro-bump: http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/cutty-versus-belge
-- Pat

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
pruss, I think you have it right as a Zulu usually has a more flared top. I forget about a Belge as its often referred to as a cutty(minus the foot).

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
@voorhees - I'd have called it a Belge or a Cutty. I know that the classic cutty has a foot, but more and more cuttys I'm seeing on the market don't.
-- Pat

rangerearthpig

Jan 5, 2014
Pruss, thanks for the old link. I think I would have to agree with you. It definitely has the cutty shape, it's just much larger than most. Thanks for the lesson!

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
By the beard of Zeus, that is one of the best scores i have seen in a good while, you lucky lucky dog!!! Beautiful pipe and great score. Also, nice tamper, if i had to guess i would say it came from the hands of the one they call "cosmic"? Lol. Happy puffing, broham!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'll go with Belge; I think zulus are at least slightly conical, ala the Sav 404 shape. I also thought of pare and acorn, but Belge seems closest.

For $35 that is unbelievable. Great design, the way the shank and stem work with the sightly canted bowl, and the refined finish and

color on the briar. Really outstanding. You have a great source there.

rangerearthpig

Jan 5, 2014
Well, I'm enjoying a huge bowl of IQ in this belge as I type. As expected, she's a great smoker!
I can sort of relate to my wife now. She is constantly bringing home car loads of things we never eat or use and bragging about how much money she saved with her coupons. I usually give her the dumb look.
Today, as I boasted to her how much a BAW pipe goes for, and what I paid for it, I got that same look from her! :lol: She added in a bored voice, "I'm glad it made you happy..."
Chicks....what the heck do they know? :lol:

rasselass

Lurker
Apr 3, 2014
If you forgot your pouch and you asked a friend for a fill of Tobacco for that...You'd know you have a "real"friend...Lovely Pipe,Happy Smoking.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
As the duly elected Sheriff of the Pipes Magazine Forum you are under arrest and will place the pipe in an unmarked white shipping container and the address for it to be sent to will be remitted shortly!
animated-police-and-cop-image-0023.gif
;) Lucky dawg!

rangerearthpig

Jan 5, 2014
@ the Sheriff:
Ye who has the awesome globe pipe rack/tabcco decanter should look in the mirror before chastising others! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.