PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

critter

Lurker
Oct 5, 2015
Hey guys!
I am a long time reader here and I thought I would start posting a few things, so here goes my first attempt at that :D
What are some tobacco with drink pairing you like?

I'm a realtor and I start and end my day with a pipe and a strong drink while I respond to emails and schedule showings for the next day. I usually have coffee in the morning and something a little more stiff at night. I have three vices in my life, Coffee, Tobacco, and tea. Here are some of my go to's
-P.S Bullseye flake with a very acidic coffee like Starbuck's Guatemala Antigua + Cream (no sugar)
-P.S Navy Flake with a deep earthly coffee like Starbuck's Anniversary blend or Yukon blend + cream and sugar
-Frog Morton across the pond with cheap bitey wiskey like Old Grand Dad + a small splash of grape juice
-Peterson's University Flake with orange juice and maybe a little rum at night
*my personal favorite*
C and D's Briar Fox, aged and home flavored with a mixture of Rum, Maple, and honey with a tall glass of said rum and ice
-

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Welcome to the forum! :puffy:
No hard and fast rules, but here's a general break-down for me:
Black coffee (Ethiopian or Kenyan) with Burley / VaBur blends earlier in the day
Pale Ale or IPA with Va / Vaper's when it's warmer
Bourbon / whiskey / scotch with some strong ropes, plugs or heavy English blends

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Martini's and Manhattan's seem to go with anything ;) Coffee in the morning also works with any blend.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I smoke a lot of VAs and prefer IPAs, so I find them to be an acceptable pair to my liking. If I'm smoking an English blend I'll go for darker beers, possibly an oatmeal porter. I like just about anything with coffee.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
In the mornings I prefer coffee or water. In the afternoons I like either water, soda or beer. In the evenings its soda or beer. It also depends on the type of tobacco I'm smoking. Typically I stay away from beer or soda if I'm smoking a Virginia blend. As for hard alcohol like whiskey or rum; I enjoy those with my cigars.

howink

Lurker
Mar 24, 2015
Right now I'm enjoying some Old Dark Fired with a good strong Irish tea (no milk). But despite my love of fine Kentucky Bourbons, it's aged rum that really brings out good non-aromatics of all kinds for me. To put in a plug for my latest discovery, it's Real McCoy 5 year-old - tons of flavor. No coincidence that great tobaccos and rums both come from the Caribbean!
HoWink

gphenry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2014
Coffee in the morning, iced tea in the afternoon, a smooth port in the evening.

aggravatedfarmer

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
Coffee with aromatics. Tea blends well with Virginias and VaPers. Beer, bourbon, and water with Balkan, Dark Kentucky, and English blends. English is good with tea too.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Black coffee is good with any blend in the morning. Guinness is good with any blend in the evening. For drinking I prefer the Guinness Pub Draft bottles with the nitrogen widget, but for drinking while piping I prefer Guinness' Extra Stout. Less fizzy and better on the tongue.

moses

Jan 12, 2013
Biddeford
Depending on the blend and time of day, or varies between coffee, tea, water, beer, or a nice Islay single malt of some manner.

brudnod

Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
Since I smoke mainly Virginias the time of day is more important. Much like MetalHead Colombian coffee in the morning and dark beer in the evening.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Iced black tea, hot black or herbal tea, bourbon and branch water, iced or refrigerated water. Beer and coffee and most wines override the tobacco flavors for me, although I sometimes do those. I haven't worked out specific pairings; I just drink what I have with what I'm smoking, I admit.

jeffsimpson

Might Stick Around
Apr 12, 2014
doesn't matter the tobacco, I'll usually just have hot chocolate or tea. if it's hot out, just water. maybe ice tea if I'm feeling adventurous. On the odd occasion I'll have some kind of whisky (Bulleit Bourbon or Crown Royal) with Dunhill flake.

Status
Not open for further replies.