PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipedreamin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 25, 2016
While traveling in the wasteland that is Wilmington, DE (my condolences residents, I did live there for a while) I stopped into Tobacco Village a shop that has been around since the beginning of time it seems. Mr Rosen, the son of the founder, has sold to the landlord but still manages the shop. Great guy and knowledgeable too. Richard is one of the shop's employees, he too was great to chat with.
They had a stash of Wiley's, a few Petersons, Comoys etc. The shop is mostly geared to the pipe smoker which is nice though they have a supply of cigars also.
I had been wanting a stand for my calabash for eons and was just thinking of making one when I happened upon a dusty relic sans readable price tag, Richard suggested I make an offer, which I did, he said it was too generous, knocked off $5 and gave me a sample of the house blended Balkan which I really liked, a good rich heavy smoke that stayed lit without any coaxing. Picked up some Frog Morton and Virginia Woods, a few pouch humidifiers, a Czech Tool and Bob threw in a pouch of those clay "filter" stones for the bottom of the bowl(which I haven't tried yet)
Back home in the hinterland the B&Ms are hard to come by so it was nice to visit and meet some fine folks. Pop in if you're in the area, again my condolences :D
R0018501_zpssnyhufsu.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.