Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

docrx

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 9, 2011
What do you do with your empty tobacco tins ??? Any creative ideas? Im Just curious FYI I Give my empty wood cigar boxes to a lady friend who make them into handbags.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
What a great thread! I've not done anything more creative than collect coins in them and dust on top of them so far...would love to hear what others do.

capnbellamy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 25, 2011
Canterbury, England
I tend to use mine as ashtrays, to keep random bits and pieces in, or dice. Orr I utterly forget about them until I trip over one; then go rummaging for any baccy left in it and then put it somewhere else again until I find it the next time.

maduroman

May 15, 2010
give mine to friends who have med weed cards for stash boxes... one guy even bought a tin of tobacco because he wanted that one for his stash...

assaad

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2011
I have never done anything creative with my tins yet but I have always wanted to make a cigar box electric guitar.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
They're great for making a small survival kit to toss under the seat of the car. Some things like spare cash, a lighter, matches or whatever you think you might need for emergencies.

I keep fishing hooks, line and weights, a bit of duck tape, matches, a lighter, tinder, wire for snares and some Paracord in mine, always there for whatever reason I might need it.

http://tiny.cc/j5klm

Reactions: Steeeve

loborx

Apr 20, 2011
IMG_0837.jpg

docrx

Jan 9, 2011
Thanks lonestar and nice piece lobo! Does it actually play music?

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
My wife takes the tins with screw lids, not the plastic lidded ones, and uses them for odd sewing things... buttons, pins, bobbins, etc.

loborx

Apr 20, 2011
Thanks lonestar! Docrx, yes it works. Here's a music video of it in action. That's me playing, just riffing around and making some sort of bluesy slide guitar mess to go with the pics. (Hope this video post works)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKlKgNGIkYg

echopipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2011
That's so funny I was going to post that's same question....so good one..I like the under the car seat in case of emergency. Funny how we can't throw them away.

jankomatic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2010
Tampa, FL
The tins are one of the coolest parts about smoking a pipe to me. I will probably just horde them in a box somewhere.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
LOVE the video man ! I dont play a guitar, but this makes me want to build one now.

The raw twangy sound of that guitar is great.

Reminds me of the older Fred McDowell recordings.

One of my favorite Artists, doing my favorite version of one of his best songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOQkOqYQXTA

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
loborx. That is awesome. Now someone needs to make a mouth harp out of an old pipe and play with you.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Loborx...THAT ROCKS ! ! ! I'm a musician and I love the DIY spirit.
I use my tins for everything. I stash my "herbal therapy" supplies in them, I store various types of screws, nuts, bolts, nails, Dremmel fittings...etc. in them, I store misc. shite in them, use them for survival kits as mentioned above...basically anything that you can use a container for. Then again I save all my peanut butter jars, olive, feta cheese and yogurt containers for the same things.

Status
Not open for further replies.